You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/03/2020 3:15 pm  #18


Re: Maps

When I put that address into chrome it just pulled up some general search links about avenza.  It didn't launch the app.  I tried with the app closed and open while doing it.

Maybe its an Android vs. I phone issue???

 

3/03/2020 4:04 pm  #19


Re: Maps

ryan72 wrote:

When I put that address into chrome it just pulled up some general search links about avenza.  It didn't launch the app.  I tried with the app closed and open while doing it.

Maybe its an Android vs. I phone issue???

Here's one final method to try that I just tested on iOS:
In the Avenza app, try hitting the plus sign to add a map, and then using the option "enter a URL of a map" and then enter that same avenza-mapstore style link (even though it only explicitly mentions http or ftp address support, it seems the app can interpret it)

For me on iOS it pulls up the page for download. May work in your case since the link is input direct in the app instead of using Chrome as a middle-man?

 

3/03/2020 4:31 pm  #20


Re: Maps

Spoonsy wrote:

... I don't think it's searchable in the Avenza Store anymore but as far as I know the direct link from algonquinmap.com still works

avenza-mapstore://product_details/94357

 

I have the map loaded on my previous phone and my ipad but I thought that since the map was removed from being "sellable" that I couldn't put it on my newer android phone. I opened my account, went to my download history, and hit the download button for Jeff's version 5 and it worked. So Avenue definitely keeps it one their server and does make it available, at least if it was in your history.

@ryan72, you may try playing with android permissions that let apps open automatically? Maybe this would work? Or you can have it download on an iOS device then I guess it would let you obtain it the same way I did.

Thanks for the tip Spoonsy!

 

3/03/2020 4:56 pm  #21


Re: Maps

Spoonsy wrote:

OTCanadienne wrote:

Peek, just wondering how you use the kmz map? Can you use this with avenza? Thanks in advance.

If you copy/paste the below link in iOS Safari or the Android equivalent it should load in Avenza.

I don't think it's searchable in the Avenza Store anymore but as far as I know the direct link from algonquinmap.com still works

avenza-mapstore://product_details/94357

 

That is great! What are the odds you have those addresses for the Killarney and Temagami maps. I've been stumped on how to get them back on my phone

 

3/03/2020 5:22 pm  #22


Re: Maps

MartinG wrote:

Spoonsy wrote:

OTCanadienne wrote:

Peek, just wondering how you use the kmz map? Can you use this with avenza? Thanks in advance.

If you copy/paste the below link in iOS Safari or the Android equivalent it should load in Avenza.

I don't think it's searchable in the Avenza Store anymore but as far as I know the direct link from algonquinmap.com still works

avenza-mapstore://product_details/94357

 

That is great! What are the odds you have those addresses for the Killarney and Temagami maps. I've been stumped on how to get them back on my phone

Killarney:
avenza-mapstore://product_details/98870

Temagami:
avenza-mapstore://product_
details/99398

 

Last edited by Spoonsy (3/03/2020 5:57 pm)

 

3/03/2020 5:47 pm  #23


Re: Maps

Spoonsy wrote:

ryan72 wrote:

When I put that address into chrome it just pulled up some general search links about avenza.  It didn't launch the app.  I tried with the app closed and open while doing it.

Maybe its an Android vs. I phone issue???

Here's one final method to try that I just tested on iOS:
In the Avenza app, try hitting the plus sign to add a map, and then using the option "enter a URL of a map" and then enter that same avenza-mapstore style link (even though it only explicitly mentions http or ftp address support, it seems the app can interpret it)

For me on iOS it pulls up the page for download. May work in your case since the link is input direct in the app instead of using Chrome as a middle-man?

 

I was able.to.find it searching it that way but unfortunately I get an error message when trying to.download the map. Oh well. I guess I will just have to wait and hot that Unlostify has their map done by May.

 

3/03/2020 6:13 pm  #24


Re: Maps

@spoonsy thanks the links work great, but unfortunately I get an error message when trying to download the maps. Basically a purchase error because I had not "purchased" them previously under an account.

Unlostify will not be putting their maps on Avenza. I guess, I will stick with topos on my phone for the foreseeable future.

 

3/03/2020 8:15 pm  #25


Re: Maps

MartinG wrote:

@spoonsy thanks the links work great, but unfortunately I get an error message when trying to download the maps. Basically a purchase error because I had not "purchased" them previously under an account.

Unlostify will not be putting their maps on Avenza. I guess, I will stick with topos on my phone for the foreseeable future.

 

That's correct but from what I understand they will be using a new platform. Will still be able to use a digital version on your smartphone.

 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.