You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/05/2016 7:31 am  #1

Dehydrated Hummus Recipe

Hi,

I did a blog post on my dehydrated hummus recipe that I'd like to share. It's perfect for snacking and/or lunch and a good protein component.

https://wabooseadventures.com/2016/04/03/dehydrated-hummus/

www.wabooseadventures.com 

Photographer | Blogger | Outdoors Woman | Canoeing | Camping | Hiking | Connecting with Nature | Landscape, Nature, and Wildlife Photography

5/05/2016 12:32 pm  #2

Re: Dehydrated Hummus Recipe

thanks for sharing! This one really intrigues me. Have you, or anyone else, tried dehydrating store bought hummus? I'm a generally lazy person and I'm curious if you need to make it from scratch to achieve the best dehydration.

5/05/2016 1:09 pm  #3

I always thought that you couldn't dehydrate oil, so I omitted it. But maybe someone could confirm. If you can dehydrate oil than I don't see why you couldn't use store-bought hummus.

www.wabooseadventures.com 

Photographer | Blogger | Outdoors Woman | Canoeing | Camping | Hiking | Connecting with Nature | Landscape, Nature, and Wildlife Photography

5/08/2016 7:03 am  #4

I say just give it a try and see.  I always thought dairy based sauces would never dehydrate well, however I seem to have successfully dehydrated a store bought jar of carbonera sauce .    A tiny tiny bit of oil left on the fruit leather try after about 26 hours of drying time hahaha

5/08/2016 9:40 am  #5

You could also try powdered hummus.  It's usually available in health food stores.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.