You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/02/2022 11:05 am  #1

WIA 558

What portage are these two intrepid trippers approaching?

3/02/2022 6:51 pm  #2

Re: WIA 558

If you're wondering why both paddlers are paddling on the same side of the canoe, it's because the bow paddler is a beginner.

3/02/2022 11:31 pm  #3

sec to mallard a little bird told me,,,,

3/03/2022 7:14 am  #4

Unfortunately that little bird got blown off course by strong westerly winds.

3/03/2022 8:06 am  #5

Manitou to Three Mile?

3/03/2022 9:39 am  #6

This isn't McManus heading upstream is it?

3/03/2022 10:52 am  #7

Not Manitou to Three Mile or McManus. 

Just for clarification:  When I spoke of  "strong westerly winds", I didn't mean to imply anything about a northern or southern component to those winds.

While Peek doesn't appear in the background of this photo, I know he's been there.

3/03/2022 11:17 am  #8

rgcmce wrote:

Just for clarification:  When I spoke of  "strong westerly winds", I didn't mean to imply anything about a northern or southern component to those winds.

While Peek doesn't appear in the background of this photo, I know he's been there.

That's pretty vague; PEEK has been everywhere!

3/03/2022 11:34 am  #9

oldboyscout wrote:

rgcmce wrote:

That's pretty vague; PEEK has been everywhere!

Agreed.  But the plan was that I would then say that I'm not sure that Martin has. (He probably has, but if so, I don't know about it.)  So, take the entire Park (where Peek has gone) and from that subtract all of Martin's well known trips.

3/03/2022 11:51 am  #10

Hogan to Big Crow?

3/03/2022 12:16 pm  #11

PEEK = Johnny Cash.

I’ve been everywhere, man
Crossed the portage fair, man
I’ve breathed Algonquin air, man
Of travel I’ve had my share, man
I’ve been everywhere.

I’ve been to
Acme, Alluring, Bandit, Mangotasi, Bonnechere, Towinee, Sunfish, Sugarmaple, Winifred, Big Trout, Otterpaw, Opeongo, Barred Owl, Pauwatine, 'netawan, Lake Louisa, Blue Jay, Arrowhead, Sheriff Pond, Amikeus, Salvelinus, Barron River, and Pegonia, I’m a killer.

I found a list of Algonquin Lake names, though I can't personally vouch for every one of these actually being in the park and there are many I've never heard of.  I was more interested in syllable count than reality.  Still.....we all know very well that PEEK has visited every single one of these places...twice.

3/03/2022 12:33 pm  #12

MooseWhizzer Dave wrote:

PEEK = Johnny Cash.

Crossed the portage fair, man
I’ve breathed Algonquin air, man
Of travel I’ve had my share, man
I’ve been everywhere.

I’ve been to
Acme, Alluring, Bandit, Mangotasi, Bonnechere, Towinee, Sunfish, Sugarmaple, Winifred, Big Trout, Otterpaw, Opeongo, Barred Owl, Pauwatine, 'netawan, Lake Louisa, Blue Jay, Arrowhead, Sheriff Pond, Amikeus, Salvelinus, Barron River, and Pegonia, I’m a killer.

I found a list of Algonquin Lake names, though I can't personally vouch for every one of these actually being in the park and there are many I've never heard of.  I was more interested in syllable count than reality.  Still.....we all know very well that PEEK has visited every single one of these places...twice.

||
     ||
     v

3/03/2022 1:15 pm  #13

Love it!

3/03/2022 2:31 pm  #14

none of "Acme, Alluring, Bandit, Mangotasi, Bonnechere, Towinee, Sunfish, Sugarmaple, Winifred, Big Trout, Otterpaw, Opeongo, Barred Owl, Pauwatine, 'netawan, Lake Louisa, Blue Jay, Arrowhead, Sheriff Pond, Amikeus, Salvelinus, Barron River, and Pegonia"

3/03/2022 2:40 pm  #15

and not the mysterious "Skinny Dip Pond" either

3/03/2022 2:56 pm  #16

Sorry, I missed Ian's guess.  It's not Hogan to Big Crow.

3/03/2022 3:39 pm  #17

hey dave,,that  song is a classic for sure,,, it  was done  by hank snow,, not johnny cash,,

Last edited by swedish pimple (3/03/2022 7:10 pm)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.