You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/30/2021 7:56 pm  #1

Unlostify

So, only one day left in 2021… are we getting an Algonquin map in 2021 or have I been checking the website weekly all year for nothing…

12/30/2021 8:06 pm  #2

Re: Unlostify

It's beyond weird now - wish they would either produce the map or at least come clean as to why it will never happen.

Last edited by scratchypants (12/30/2021 8:07 pm)

12/31/2021 4:50 pm  #3

nothing today... pipe dream. on to 2022!!

1/01/2022 9:27 am  #4

I suspect Covid has a lot to do with it because the park was closed for a while, which means he couldn't "groundtruth" his information, also a lot of printers, paper suppliers, etc were shut down too, leading to huge backlogs. Jeff's a pretty meticulous guy when it comes to his maps and it'll probably take him a while to get back up to speed.

1/01/2022 11:49 am  #5

numbered campsites on the hiking trails would be one up date.  the idea has been floated to switch to   numbered interior sites,,
 i have also heard  that the algonquin park fishing regs might change soon????

1/01/2022 12:00 pm  #6

I think COVID has had its effect. So has the baggage that came with the end of Jeff's Maps. The new Algonquin Map has been built from scratch. It will look nothing like the old Jeff's Maps and also vastly different from previous Unlostify maps. They also decided to approach online mapping/planning from a new angle. So everything has changed. Maybe they bit off more than they could chew. Maybe we just continue to be patient. I do know you shouldn't look for any announcements about when the next map is coming out. Or, even any news that they are working on it at all. One day we will see it. And knowing Jeff it will be awesome.

Last edited by MartinG (1/01/2022 12:01 pm)

1/01/2022 2:34 pm  #7

I have no doubt there is a list of legitimate reasons why the map is not out yet. I also have no doubt that when it does come out, it will be awesome. But don't tell me it's coming out within... or by next... and then not deliver. Being strung along pisses me off.

1/01/2022 4:30 pm  #8

Yeah, Jeff regrets that. Which is why you haven't heard a peep about when it's coming out since 2019.

1/02/2022 1:56 pm  #9

It's a $15 map. Surely you haven't postponed or delayed your trip because of a lack of unlostify map? It would be nice, but at this point not essential. Jeff's first Algonquin map was a game-changer, cause the APP map was so poor.

Things are much better now. The APP map is good. And Jeff's old APP map is available as JPG, to print out map fragments of you need

Really I just feel bad for Jeff and Deki, it seems like they have a lot of expectations to meet.

1/02/2022 2:03 pm  #10

Marko_Mrko wrote:

It's a $15 map. Surely you haven't postponed or delayed your trip because of a lack of unlostify map? It would be nice, but at this point not essential. Jeff's first Algonquin map was a game-changer, cause the APP map was so poor.

Things are much better now. The APP map is good. And Jeff's old APP map is available as JPG, to print out map fragments of you need

Really I just feel bad for Jeff and Deki, it seems like they have a lot of expectations to meet.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  FOAP map is fine, portages are clearly marked and well kept and Jeff's v5 is still easily available digitally.  No map will make tripping in APP any easier than it already is.  I'm sure the delay is not as cut and dry as people like to think it is.  

1/02/2022 2:30 pm  #11

I think this was taken out of context. After talking to Jeff at the outdoor show in 2019, and seeing on the website “coming in 2021” I let my excitement build. In no way is this delaying or taking away from trips, as the old Jeff’s maps are excellent. This is also not a judgement or smear on the people at unlostify.

This was more a post in the hopes that there was an update of any kind.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.