You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/13/2021 11:01 am  #1

Looking for Suggestions

I’m interested in taking my ORCKA Canoe Tripping Instructor 2 Course. One of the requirements is 400 km in 20 days in 1, 2 or 3 trips.

I will have to go through my logs of longer trips but I suspect I’m short of this.

I have a few shorter trips I could count. So I’m thinking of either doing:

1 trip - 13 days in length of 278 km OR
1 trip or 2 trips - 16 days total of 332 km

Probably in Algonquin or maybe somewhere else in Ontario. Would have to be in July.

I’m really not sure it’s doable for me but I’m thinking it through.

Any suggestions?

11/13/2021 1:01 pm  #2

Re: Looking for Suggestions

One of my fave trips was 12 day solo including a rest day, around 230 km
Canoe--> Shah--> Longbow--> Nippising --> Cedar (resupply +rest day) --> Pet--> Crow--> Big crow--> otterslide--Back to canoe.

Original plan was to resupply again at Opeongo, down to pen, welcome, Louisa, and out through smoke but I couldn't arrange the 2 extra days I'd have needed.  That would have been around 300 in 14 days.

11/13/2021 1:47 pm  #3

keg wrote:

One of my fave trips was 12 day solo including a rest day, around 230 km
Canoe--> Shah--> Longbow--> Nippising --> Cedar (resupply +rest day) --> Pet--> Crow--> Big crow--> otterslide--Back to canoe.

Original plan was to resupply again at Opeongo, down to pen, welcome, Louisa, and out through smoke but I couldn't arrange the 2 extra days I'd have needed.  That would have been around 300 in 14 days.

That looks like a great trip!

11/18/2021 1:25 pm  #4

We, for the most part, enjoyed...Mag-->Misty via Little Trout--> Big Trout--> Red Rock--> Crow River--> Lavielle--> North Branch--> Greenleaf

Alternatively we also did...Kawawaymog--> Biggar--> Three Mile--> Erables--> Little Osler--> Nip (High Falls)--> Big Trout--> Canoe via the Otterslides.

11/18/2021 2:21 pm  #5

Sounds like you need a Meanest Link run? 

On a side note Christine .Do you still have that Killarney Green Swift Algonquin I sold you years ago LOL!?

11/18/2021 5:27 pm  #6

I suggested the Meanest Link to my husband and got a dirty look lol.

11/20/2021 4:49 pm  #7

Shayne74 wrote:

Sounds like you need a Meanest Link run? 

On a side note Christine .Do you still have that Killarney Green Swift Algonquin I sold you years ago LOL!?

I actually just sold it. I have a Kee on order. Hoping it’s hear by spring.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.