You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/07/2021 10:08 am  #52

Re: Almost there

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-could-move-into-step-1-of-reopening-plan-as-soon-as-friday-health-minister-says-1.5459287

Now we are looking at June 11th as a possible first day of step 1. Hopefully our overlords let us know sooner rather than later this week as I (and presumably many others) have reservations and rentals for this weekend. 
Fingers crossed for some much needed outdoor time shortly!

6/07/2021 11:56 am  #53

Start tour engines. Step one on Friday.

6/07/2021 12:37 pm  #54

Vroom vroom baby!

6/07/2021 12:51 pm  #55

Well I can't get away for long right now, but I just have to go. So I'm headed for Ralph Bice on Friday for two nights. Me and my bug spray and my bug jacket and my bug tent. 

Edit: oh, right - it turns out maybe I should check with my wife first! Heading Sunday to Access 1 instead. On the bright side I added in an extra day, so it’s a fair trade.

Last edited by Uppa (6/07/2021 3:27 pm)

6/07/2021 1:12 pm  #56

Kept this reservation by the skin of my teeth! Cache > Delano > Pardee > Cache from 11-13. Lots of portages but it makes up for the missed trips in the spring!

6/07/2021 1:37 pm  #57

Nice, doing the North Tea, 3 mile Biggar loop starting Saturday hopefully...

6/07/2021 5:56 pm  #58

Basin Lake Saturday night. Thought I’d really push myself for the first trip.

6/07/2021 9:34 pm  #59

Off to Louisa - Rence - Clydegale and Pen starting Monday!  Can't wait!

6/08/2021 4:18 am  #60

Not starting til the 20th. Perly Dam, Nadine, Little Osler, Erables, Mouse and Little Cauchon. Enjoy your adventures everyone!

6/08/2021 5:47 am  #61

ReadyIn-10 wrote:

Not starting til the 20th. Perly Dam, Nadine, Little Osler, Erables, Mouse and Little Cauchon. Enjoy your adventures everyone!

Not till the very end of July for us, but doing almost the same in reverse: Cauchon, Erables, Little Osler, Nadine, Plumb Creek Junction - woo hoo!
Will also be backpacking the Western Uplands 2nd loop at the start of July as a substitute for having my June 6-9 Killarney trip cancelled

Last edited by hiker72 (6/08/2021 5:49 am)

6/08/2021 8:24 am  #62

I haven't booked anything yet .. traditionally I go during the week and so I've never had trouble getting sites so I book closer to leaving .. but for those that are booking more recently, is it also booked up a lot mid week?  

If the answer is yes then that's a big miscalculation on my part .. 

6/08/2021 10:47 am  #63

Dead_Weight (DW) wrote:

I haven't booked anything yet .. traditionally I go during the week and so I've never had trouble getting sites so I book closer to leaving .. but for those that are booking more recently, is it also booked up a lot mid week?  

If the answer is yes then that's a big miscalculation on my part .. 

It depends on when, and where. If "where" is any of the lakes that are easy to get to, and "when" is any time after the bugs start subsiding, then you're probably in trouble. If the "where" is more remote or the "when" is bug season, then you're probably fine. 

6/08/2021 11:23 am  #64

hiker72 wrote:

ReadyIn-10 wrote:

Not till the very end of July for us, but doing almost the same in reverse: Cauchon, Erables, Little Osler, Nadine, Plumb Creek Junction - woo hoo!
Will also be backpacking the Western Uplands 2nd loop at the start of July as a substitute for having my June 6-9 Killarney trip cancelled

Great minds! Love Little Osler but we're skipping Heart Attack Hill this year. Have fun!

6/09/2021 10:39 am  #65

I went to a local provincial park and went for a dip yesterday ... not algonquin but it was really nice to be in the water.  The smell of burning charcoal and hot dogs didn't hurt either ...  

(and it was free)

6/09/2021 12:04 pm  #66

Dead_Weight (DW) wrote:

I went to a local provincial park and went for a dip yesterday ... not algonquin but it was really nice to be in the water.  The smell of burning charcoal and hot dogs didn't hurt either ...  

(and it was free)

That is a nice perk for Monday through Thursday but as of Saturday you will need to book that free day visit 5 days in advance. Sounds like even when you pay Friday through Sunday it still requires a reservation. Lake Huron was tres pleasant yesterday and we had a nice paddle nearby before the heat  got nasty.

6/09/2021 12:15 pm  #67

Not at all parks. Reservations for day use at

Algonquin
• Arrowhead
• Batchawana Bay
• Craigleith
• Darlington
• Forks of the Credit
• Kakabeka Falls
• Kettle Lakes
• Lake Superior
• Long Point
• Mono Cliffs
• North Beach
• Pinery
• Presqu’ile
• Sandbanks
• Sibbald Point
• Turkey point

Even then you can still show up and get in IF it’s not full. So you can check the day before or even day of and then go. They just don’t want people to drive out only to get turned away.

6/09/2021 12:36 pm  #68

Good to know. The park staff seemed adamant that no reservation means no entry as of Saturday. One way around that is to show up before the park gate opens.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.