You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/03/2021 9:41 pm  #1

Sunday Lake

What’s the parking like at The P150 into Sunday Lake? Is there a lot or are you just parking on the road?

6/03/2021 10:46 pm  #2

Re: Sunday Lake

You're just parking on the road.

I think the road has been pretty active in the last few years which might be an issue. I think this activity is part of why the dog sled trail operations moved from there over to the Black Fox Portage. I could be remembering half details. Been a long time since I parked there. If the gate is open it is way easier to go in on the tail end of the 645 then just move your car.

Last edited by MartinG (6/03/2021 10:47 pm)

6/04/2021 5:24 am  #3

MartinG wrote:

You're just parking on the road.

I think the road has been pretty active in the last few years which might be an issue. I think this activity is part of why the dog sled trail operations moved from there over to the Black Fox Portage. I could be remembering half details. Been a long time since I parked there. If the gate is open it is way easier to go in on the tail end of the 645 then just move your car.

Just so you are aware I have indeed gotten a ticket for parking no more than 100ft past a gate TEMPORARILY to unload gear. The warden assured me if I was parked only 100 ft back I would have not gotten a ticket, and the fact that I was only there for a few minutes didnt phase him.

Last edited by ATVenture (6/04/2021 5:25 am)

6/04/2021 7:32 am  #4

ATVenture wrote:

Just so you are aware I have indeed gotten a ticket for parking no more than 100ft past a gate TEMPORARILY to unload gear. The warden assured me if I was parked only 100 ft back I would have not gotten a ticket, and the fact that I was only there for a few minutes didnt phase him.

LOL, that's like seeing a Jackalope, you should buy a lottery ticket.

6/04/2021 8:06 am  #5

There's a parking lot at Hwy 60, but at the top of the 150m it's just parking on the side of the road. It's a pretty steep 150m down to Sunday

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

6/04/2021 8:44 am  #6

I parked at the top for a weekend.  You can see the gate and where I parked at the beginning of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyP28Wc3ru0

6/04/2021 11:47 am  #7

Ian's video sums it up at the 18s mark, the portage access is right there as well.  The road is wider where he is parked and you could fit about 3 or so vehicles in there bumper to bumper while being pretty much off the road.  You maybe don't want to park the brand new BMW there but everyone has a differing tolerance for dust and rocks : )   Beyond the wider area I may feel a little less comfortable about parking on the road but there are a number of spots where you could ease off into the roadside brush a bit.  Martin is right about the easier spot to dump your gear and play innocent if discovered but access is pretty easy in both cases.

6/04/2021 8:08 pm  #8

If the AFA is using the road for a season's use, this road may get signed for NO PARKING. In the past (the odd fall season) it's been used by big logging trucks. For those camping on Sproule Lake, there's a long portage (hike) that'll take you all the way to Opeongo's Sproule Bay.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.