You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/23/2021 10:45 am  #1

Trips before May 21 cancelled by Ontario Parks

Just received an official cancellation notice for my May 14-20 trip. Notice said:

"This email is regarding your upcoming reservation with Ontario Parks.

To help stop the spread of COVID-19 and support Ontario’s provincewide COVID-19 response, the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks will be extending the temporary closure of campground and backcountry campsites and roofed accommodations, like cabins, yurts and cottages at all Ontario Parks to align with the provincial stay-at-home order up to and including May 20th .

As a result, your reservation has been automatically cancelled, and you will receive a full refund with no penalty. There is no need to contact Ontario Parks to receive your refund. Please allow up to ten business days for your refund to appear on your credit card statement.

We understand that these cancellations will affect your plans. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience and understanding during these challenging times.

Please continue to visit OntarioParks.com and Ontario Parks social media channels for the most up-to-date information.

Sincerely,

Ontario Parks Reservation Service"

4/23/2021 11:00 am  #2

Re: Trips before May 21 cancelled by Ontario Parks

Yep - mine came in at 11:07 am.

4/23/2021 11:11 am  #3

No mention of which booking is cancelled. I have multiple. My May 14 trip is still in my queue. I guess information is hard for the folks running the booking site

4/23/2021 11:25 am  #4

Just got this from a buddy:

Dear Reservation Holder,

The Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks takes concerns raised by visitors to Ontario Parks very seriously. We’re committed to ensuring that as many Ontarians as possible can enjoy the benefits of provincial parks and greenspaces and that they are accessible to all. We’re currently looking at new ways to make more campsites available for reservation to help address the growing demand.

The ministry has become aware that there are instances where individuals are attempting to sell reservations with the intention to make a profit. The ministry does not condone transferring and re-selling Ontario Parks reservations for a profit (i.e. more than the original cost of the reservation).  

Effective April 24, 2021, reservation holders are not permitted to resell any reservation for profit. If we become aware that anyone has attempted to sell a reservation for profit, for example, if they have listed a reservation on social media or buy-and-sell websites for re-sale for profit, the reservation may be cancelled and all applicable penalty fees will apply.

If you have any questions about this policy, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page. See here for full reservation rules, including how to transfer a reservation.

We continue to monitor feedback from our visitors to ensure a fair and transparent reservation system is provided for everyone.  Sincerely, 

Ontario Parks

4/23/2021 12:46 pm  #5

4/23/2021 12:58 pm  #6

I just had my May 3rd canoe reservation cancelled.  (Not Algonquin). I have another one for the 21st.  Fingers crossed that we are all canoeing after the shutdown ends.

4/23/2021 4:26 pm  #7

Mine hasn't be cancelled. I'm on the VIP list!

4/24/2021 7:00 am  #8

MartinG wrote:

Mine hasn't be cancelled. I'm on the VIP list!

Very Infected Person?

4/24/2021 8:01 am  #9

Maybe the just haven't got to the G's yet?

4/24/2021 10:39 am  #10

Mine hasn't been cancelled yet either (May 14-23)

4/24/2021 3:02 pm  #11

ditto
 i am going anyways,,
         release the hounds,,  l.o.l.

4/24/2021 4:57 pm  #12

My May 14th trip was cancelled as well. Which is fine.. with the early ice-out that route wasn't a good one anyway with the bugs out in full swing - smallish lakes, lots of portaging. I have a "big lakes tour" booked starting on the 21st, so here's hoping that one goes off - and that it's windy. 

Not looking forward to climbing Unicorn Hill with a week's worth of food and a NoBugZone though. 

4/25/2021 6:45 am  #13

My trip is booked to start on the 20th... no cancellation yet

4/25/2021 7:38 am  #14

If your trip includes any days past May 20th they are not automatically cancelling it (weird decision). Who knows, they might change that policy as we get closer.

4/25/2021 12:26 pm  #15

If the park does indeed "open" on the 21st I will undoubtedly print off my reservation and leave on the 20th as planned. 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.