You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/09/2020 9:05 pm  #35

Re: Maps

@ryan72 in android,  open avenza, make sure you are not logged into an account. hit + download map -> tap or enter url at bottom. It will open the store screen and click the button, it will say processing. This means its downloading, in 5-15mins it should be ready to view.

9/10/2020 6:52 am  #36

MartinG wrote:

I have tried extensively to get the maps off my android device. I can't find them. Not saying it is impossible, just beyond a casual look around. Avenza intentionally hides or encrypts any files downloaded through the Avenza Store.

That said someone has figured it out. God knows when but I got the Temagami map this way. Here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11SwXX7k_-XrX1go_AI2kcxhnjTdA3Fr5/view?usp=sharing (225mb)  

I currently have 4 Android phones in my house as well as 1 IPhone with Jeffs maps loaded on Avenza.. I tried everything i know of on all devices to find the actual map files to no avail.

10/01/2020 4:56 pm  #37

If you are using Android, try this:

Install AvenzaMaps and follow the procedure from MartinG.  Note that on the map information page the MapStore will display "Removed due to ... ", but you should click the "Free" button (yes, it's a button!) and it will install as described by TrevaH.

After installation, connect your phone to your computer and launch the Android File Transfer program.  Navigate to folder "Android > data > com.Avenza > files > AvenzaMaps > logs", and copy the file "AvenzaMapsLog.txt" to your computer.

Open the log file and scroll to the bottom, you should be able to find (by timestamp) the installation of the map you just performed on the phone.  The relevant log line will resemble:

09-26 12:58:02.774 I/FileImportManager(12353): Creating map from uri:https://s3.amazonaws.com:443/com-avenza-heroku-mapstore-production/..... [SNIPPED]...zip?Signature=.........&AccessKeyId=... [SNIPPED]

I have edited the line above to both shorten and keep it simple in these instructions.  The link will be unique to your download anyway, as the URL will expire eventually.

Copy the entire URL ("https://....AccessKey=XXXX"), into a web browser (or use a command line program such as curl if you are familiar with it) to download the ~770 MB zip to your computer. (ZIP contents are PNG tiles and a TIF REF.)

I expect the same procedure will work with the Temagami and Killarney maps.

I just did this on Android 11, Pixel 3a, Android File Transfer 1.0.12 and OSX 10.14.6.

Hope this helps someone, cheers!

Last edited by rmichael (10/02/2020 7:46 am)

10/02/2020 9:18 am  #38

rmichael wrote:

If you are using Android, try this:

Install AvenzaMaps and follow the procedure from MartinG.  Note that on the map information page the MapStore will display "Removed due to ... ", but you should click the "Free" button (yes, it's a button!) and it will install as described by TrevaH.

After installation, connect your phone to your computer and launch the Android File Transfer program.  Navigate to folder "Android > data > com.Avenza > files > AvenzaMaps > logs", and copy the file "AvenzaMapsLog.txt" to your computer.

Open the log file and scroll to the bottom, you should be able to find (by timestamp) the installation of the map you just performed on the phone.  The relevant log line will resemble:

09-26 12:58:02.774 I/FileImportManager(12353): Creating map from uri:https://s3.amazonaws.com:443/com-avenza-heroku-mapstore-production/..... [SNIPPED]...zip?Signature=.........&AccessKeyId=... [SNIPPED]

I have edited the line above to both shorten and keep it simple in these instructions.  The link will be unique to your download anyway, as the URL will expire eventually.

Copy the entire URL ("https://....AccessKey=XXXX"), into a web browser (or use a command line program such as curl if you are familiar with it) to download the ~770 MB zip to your computer. (ZIP contents are PNG tiles and a TIF REF.)

I expect the same procedure will work with the Temagami and Killarney maps.

I just did this on Android 11, Pixel 3a, Android File Transfer 1.0.12 and OSX 10.14.6.

Hope this helps someone, cheers!

Nice! Thank you.

11/30/2020 3:46 pm  #39

Rob wrote:

Now you have me wondering. Somewhere I have an old Motorola phone that had avenza and all Jeff's Maps on it. Do not know of the files are there but it is worth the look. 
Fair warning, this may take a few days, I have n idea where it is but I will let you all know what I find.

So over the last couple of months I have looked at and wiped the data from all my old phones going as far back as a Motorola micro-tac and I got nothing.
Yes I really need to learn to throw things out.

4/19/2022 7:16 am  #40

Peek wrote:

Why didn't you ask the first time? lol I gotchu fam.

Link on its way

Do you still have this KMZ map of Killarney?

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.