You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/22/2020 2:22 pm  #1

New Shoes!

Being couped up in the house is mind-numbingly painful...I'm going to eat and online shop my sorrows away lol.  My go-to camp shoe for years have been the standard Croc shoe.  I love them because they are ridiculously light, super comfortable, and they dry off in seconds.  My only gripe is that the holes in the tops allow water and mud in so I often end up with wet/dirty feet.  Well that all changed today folks.  Yup I splurged and bought myself a pair of brand new Crocs without the holes! 

I know I won't win any fashion awards but I'm happy with the purchase.  It is also a bit of an eye-opener as to how ridiculously bored and old I am that I got this excited about buying a pair of Crocs...

3/22/2020 3:00 pm  #2

Re: New Shoes!

The lightest solution I found for camp shoes is not shoes at all. It's a pair of seal skins socks. Take off your soaking wet paddling shoes and wet socks. Let your feet air out a bit. Put on a pair of dry socks. Put the seal skins on over top. Put your wet shoes back on. Much lighter weight than camp shoes. Completely clean and dry feet.

Last edited by MartinG (3/22/2020 3:02 pm)

3/22/2020 3:07 pm  #3

I actually have a really old pair of Seal Skinz socks as well.  My only issue with them is my feet sweat like crazy when I wear them...Maybe I need to wear a pair of sucks underneath them....

3/22/2020 3:21 pm  #4

Nice pair of rag wool socks would do the trick.

3/22/2020 4:06 pm  #5

The holes were there to let your dignity out. Where's it going to go now?

I get it - I'm just not sure whether I should have stuff delivered to my work or home address. That question might be answered for me very soon.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.