You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/11/2020 12:23 pm  #1

Norway Lake from Highway 60

Has anyone ever paddled down Sunday Creek starting at Highway 60?

I imagine you would park at the Spruce Bog parking lot and portage to the south side of the highway, but I drove that stretch of highway this weekend and couldn't see where you'd put in.

Alternatively (and subject to water levels) should I just launch my canoe from the Spruce Bog trail where it crosses over Sunday Creek?

3/11/2020 12:41 pm  #2

Re: Norway Lake from Highway 60

It’s a very nice paddle all the way down to Norway and fork lakes. Park in the spruce big lot and portage your canoe over or drop your canoe roadside and drive your car to the lot.

3/11/2020 1:10 pm  #3

Thanks! Does it become obvious in the summer where to climb over and enter the creek? Usually I'd just figure it out, but plan to do this with kids.

3/11/2020 2:24 pm  #4

Right by the bridge.

3/11/2020 3:08 pm  #5

East side of the bridge. South side of 60. Well worn path down to the water. It used to be easier to park there and unload. But, now there is a guard rail along the HWY. Not the safest spot to unload. Especially with kids.

I would take a look to see if you can put in beside the foot bridge for the Spruce Bog Boardwalk and paddle under hwy 60.

3/13/2020 1:18 am  #6

In 2014 I put in on the North side of the highway and paddled under the bridge, There was a bit of a beaver dam I believe on the North side. 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.