You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/25/2020 6:47 pm  #18

Re: What do you call it? Thunder Box? Outhouse? Sh**ter? Kaibo?

Yes, the term 'honey wagon' was used quite regularly when referring to the septic pumper truck (it was even in the advertisements). As a youth, I worked for an outfit with many jobs, including transporting sewage via barge to a truck. The owner of the truck (and its business) was Hank. The boss told me everyone referred to him as 'shit-tank Hank' but never, never say that to his face....

Last edited by hiker72 (2/25/2020 6:49 pm)

2/26/2020 3:36 pm  #19

I was at least five days into Tess' trip report before I finally figured out what the hell the 'kybo' was she was rating on each campsite. 

It's clearly supposed to be called a thunderbox. 

2/26/2020 8:06 pm  #20

na na na na na na na na na na.. (Thunder)
na na na na na na na na na na.. (Thunder)

I was caught
In the middle of the woods (Thunder)
Looked around
And I knew there was no turning back (Thunder)
My bowels creaked
And I thought what could I do (Thunder)
And I knew
There was a Thunder Box, Thunder box!!!

2/27/2020 8:18 am  #21

Boom box or boomer!!  Or as my young daughter would call it..."creepy, disgusting forest toilet"

2/27/2020 8:30 am  #22

Last June some park maintenance guys showed up at our site. It appeared they were the Boombox repair crew.
One guy, who I call the Boombox leader, proceeded to recount stories of the massive spiders he encounters when it comes time to close the hole and break the boxes apart. Thanks guy. Thanks. https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/worried.png

2/27/2020 8:41 am  #23

That Boombox leader is pure evil...why would he do that!!!!  Yeeesh...spiders.  The largest spider I've ever seen in the wild was in Algonquin Park...Sec Lake to be exact.  That thing was almost the size of my palm and it looked far from friendly.  Found it in my vestibule and it scurried away somewhere around or beneath my tent before I could figure out what to do with it.  Needless to say it haunted my dreams and every waking moment I was around my tent for the rest of that trip.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.