You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/23/2020 10:58 am  #1

Sunday Lake/Big Pines Trail

Hi All! Question for anyone that has been along hwy 60 of late. Do they snow plow the parking lot there? If I'm not mistaking, once upon a time the dog sledders used to use this as a base to start off. It doesn't mention it in the trails that are snow plowed on the website. Just wondering if I could park there that's all. Any info would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks

I'm just gone Fishin!

1/23/2020 11:24 am  #2

Re: Sunday Lake/Big Pines Trail

Parking for the Sunday Lake Dogsled trails is at the  Trailer Sanitary Station Parking Lot at km 35.6.

http://www.algonquinpark.on.ca/pdf/map_dogsled_sundaylake.pdf

1/23/2020 10:22 pm  #3

We started our dog sled trip from here. Lot was plowed. Park to left(WHEN PULLING IN) side of lot to allow truck space to stage, unload and turn around. In case anyone interested they have a couple pre set hot tent camps  in the area that they would rent when not in use. We stayed on Hiram Lake but I believe there was a second camp set at Black Fox lake as well.

Last edited by Shayne74 (1/23/2020 10:23 pm)

1/24/2020 1:16 pm  #4

Thanks for the info guys! That's what I thought Shayne74, thanks. Might go up for a few days next week. 

I'm just gone Fishin!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.