You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/03/2019 9:51 am  #1

Big Bob to Highview Cabin

Is Big Bob to the Highview Cabin doable in one day? If you’ve done it, what time of year was your trip?

10/03/2019 11:30 am  #2

Re: Big Bob to Highview Cabin

I haven't done that exact route, but looking at the map I'd say you're in for 10 hours travel with high water.  Doable in the right season.  As for time of year, I would say early June might be your best bet.  I just did Queer to Shippagew on the Tim over labour day and the low water added almost 2 hours to our estimated travel time. 

10/03/2019 3:13 pm  #3

I've done Big Bob to High Dam in 5 hours in the spring. I dont know how much low water or alder might slow that down. High Dam to Highview is 2 hours pretty much any time of year.

Last edited by MartinG (10/03/2019 8:01 pm)

10/05/2019 4:36 pm  #4

Perfect, thanks Martin

12/16/2019 12:36 pm  #5

I did it this year in the first week of July, I think it was approximately 5-6 hours from Big Bob to Highview. Two things to keep in mind:

1: We were going as fast as we could
2: The weather was insanely hot and it was insanely buggy which slowed us down, and we were on day 4 of an ass kicker trip that also slowed us down

Long story short, totally do-able in one standard day without killing yourself, just some swearing in the Alders

Last edited by ryanmorin (12/16/2019 12:37 pm)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.