You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/22/2019 7:44 am  #1

Little Norway?

Has anyone stayed on the site on Little Norway?  Just wondering if it would be an ok spot to base camp and have fairly easy access to your vehicle for exploring the Basin Lake area?  Campsite looks like a hop-skip and a jump from the access point.  I realize it's a low maintenance site and there are other options in the area, just curious about this one.

Thanks!

10/22/2019 11:36 am  #2

Re: Little Norway?

There is no site there.

10/22/2019 12:21 pm  #3

Well dang so much for that idea lol!

10/22/2019 4:17 pm  #4

100% there is no site there. I have scoured the area.

It's a really good example of how f'd up the FOAP Map is. On the FOAP map Little Norway lake is shown on the south side of Basin Rd. It's not. It's on the North side. To compound the confusion the reservation system says you can book a site at Little Norway Lake but you can't book a site on Buck Lake. This is because Ontario parks thinks Buck Lake is Little Norway Lake. Long story short you book Little Norway but you stay on Buck. At least that is how it has always been. Things may have changed recently.

10/22/2019 5:07 pm  #5

Yikes that does make it sound confusing eh?  Thanks for the clarification though.  I'm going to check out the Basin Lake sites as well and see what works best.  I want something close to the truck (or right at it) so I can explore the area as much as possible.  Sounds like there are a few options in that area.

10/22/2019 9:26 pm  #6

Thanks for the pics John.  Cute little pond!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.