You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/21/2018 4:31 pm  #1

Kearney office hours

Hey gang, my buddies and I are heading out from Rain Lake access for our fall trip September 21.  Does anyone know what time the Kearney permit office opens at that time of year?  7am or 8am?
I have been searching online for an hour and cannot find it. 
Thanks for any help.

- Mike

8/21/2018 5:11 pm  #2

Re: Kearney office hours

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

8/21/2018 5:17 pm  #3

I saw this.
Someone says 8am, and someone else says 7am.

8/21/2018 5:43 pm  #4

7am is correct. The person that said 8am wasn't exactly sure, and it was from 2 years ago, in September. ATV is working there this season, what he said is correct. Also I was there at 7:30 a few weeks ago and they were open by then.

edit: just noticed now your first post mentioned you're going late September. In that case, wait for ATV to come and give a new updated answer lol

Last edited by trippythings (8/21/2018 5:44 pm)

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

8/21/2018 6:30 pm  #5

trippythings wrote:

7am is correct. The person that said 8am wasn't exactly sure, and it was from 2 years ago, in September. ATV is working there this season, what he said is correct. Also I was there at 7:30 a few weeks ago and they were open by then.

edit: just noticed now your first post mentioned you're going late September. In that case, wait for ATV to come and give a new updated answer lol

Thanks Trip!

8/22/2018 6:08 am  #6

Will be open at 8AM starting either Sept first or 4th. I was going to head across from the shop yesterday to take a pic of their hours sign for our customers but it was raining like crazy so I decided to wait until tomorrow.  

8/22/2018 6:26 am  #7

ATVenture wrote:

Will be open at 8AM starting either Sept first or 4th. I was going to head across from the shop yesterday to take a pic of their hours sign for our customers but it was raining like crazy so I decided to wait until tomorrow.  

That would be great!

Thanks for the help ATV

8/22/2018 12:01 pm  #8

FWIW They're often open an hour earlier on the long weekends...

Last edited by breed85 (8/22/2018 12:02 pm)

8/23/2018 10:48 am  #9

They are currently open 7-7 7 days a week. Starting September 4 they will be open from 8-5 7 days a week, thanksgiving until November 1 will be Friday to Sunday 8-5. No exceptions for any weekends.

8/23/2018 11:43 am  #10

ATVenture wrote:

They are currently open 7-7 7 days a week. Starting September 4 they will be open from 8-5 7 days a week, thanksgiving until November 1 will be Friday to Sunday 8-5. No exceptions for any weekends.

Thanks a lot ATV!  Much appreciated.

8/23/2018 12:09 pm  #11

So what would you do after Thanksgiving if you wanted to go into the Park via the Kearney office? How would you get your permit on, say a Wednesday, if the office is open only from Friday to Sunday?

8/23/2018 3:16 pm  #12

Mandola wrote:

So what would you do after Thanksgiving if you wanted to go into the Park via the Kearney office? How would you get your permit on, say a Wednesday, if the office is open only from Friday to Sunday?

You have two choices when obtaining a permit in the off-season or when an access point doesn't have a permit office servicing it (a lot of the 'contracted' permit offices were severed back in 2013 in favor of the system below (eg: Aylen, Dividing, Hay, Bissett)):

1. Stop by the East Gate in person to obtain your permit; or if that's not feasible or reasonable; 

2. Call the East Gate permit line at (613) 637-2780 and obtain your permit over the phone. Bring a pen and paper to write your permit number and exit date then leave it on the dash.

Edit: corrected some auto-corrected items.

Last edited by Peek (8/23/2018 8:53 pm)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.