You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/23/2018 2:01 pm  #1

What time does Kearney Office open?

After doing much Googling I cannot find anything official information stating the opening hours for Algonquin's Kearney Permit Office. From what I have found it seems that in the summer the office opens at 7 am but I would like to be sure as it's a long drive and nobody likes waiting needlessly when they could have been sleeping a little longer. Perhaps I just can't find where this information is posted. Can anybody help out?

7/23/2018 2:56 pm  #2

Re: What time does Kearney Office open?

2 years ago the permit office in Kearny opened at 8 am,(on September 2) I don't think that is considered fall season yet. I  had ended up phoning the phone number listed for the building it is housed in at 705-636-7752 as listed on the website. They transferred me to the permit office where an answering machine message stated it could not take messages. So we took a chance without knowing the time it opened.Once we arrived, shortly before 8 am, the permit office lady  opened the door at 8 am. When asked, She explained she does not answer the phone as often she worked alone and it was too busy with customers.
Your best bet maybe to phone Algonquin bound and see if they know the opening hours, it's just down the road from the Kearny permit office.

7/23/2018 5:08 pm  #3

Thanks for the info. I really don't know why it should be so difficult to find this out. Are they trying to keep it a secret?

7/24/2018 5:57 pm  #4

7AM. I know this because I work directly across the steet. 

Last edited by ATVenture (7/24/2018 5:58 pm)

7/25/2018 2:09 pm  #5

Thanks ATV.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.