You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/25/2018 2:40 pm  #1

Drive Sec to McManus

I was wondering what the driving time is from sec lake to McManus?  I've been up to the Barron River lookoff but not to the put in for McManus ...

I'm guessing its another 1/2 hour past the Barron River lookoff hike ... ?

Might day trip that area if we camp on Sec ...

Thanks

6/25/2018 2:56 pm  #2

Re: Drive Sec to McManus

My notes have it as being about 15 minutes from the Sand Lake Gate. Not sure how long it is from Sec Lake to the Sand Lake Gate but hopefully that lets you figure it out. 

http://www.loonislandoutdoors.com/TripReports/LowerPetawawa/McManusLakeDay1.php

6/25/2018 2:58 pm  #3

Add 3 minutes to your 15 Rob and you've got the time about right!

6/27/2018 2:17 pm  #4

so if its about 15 mins from sand lake to McManus then I would guess that 1/2 hour is not too far off the mark to go from sec to McMauns ... (adding in Kurts 3 extra mins) ...

thanks guys ..  

7/09/2018 2:07 pm  #5

As a follow up to this .. .whats the drive time from Sec to the High Falls trail ?  I'm guessing half an hour or so ...

Also there's a trail to walk into High Falls ... someone suggested its about 3K each way on the trail ... can anyone confirm ?

Thanks ! 

7/09/2018 7:24 pm  #6

Might be half an hour from Sec to the High Falls trail. First left after the Brigham Lake access parking lot.

7/11/2018 7:39 pm  #7

hey DW, the 'cheater' trail to high falls is indeed about 3km/45mins from the parking lot that MartinG is referring to (parking lot is even signed from the road now, as 'Cheater Trail').  It's a nice walk.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.