You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/07/2018 11:19 am  #18

Re: WIA 251

No joy yet.

This is where we launched at the end of the previous portage.

4/07/2018 2:06 pm  #19

Hogan - Mud lake

4/07/2018 4:28 pm  #20

Not off Hogan.

Here's a whole bunch more clues.

Here's a shot of our approach to the portage we are asking you to identify.

Here's a shot taken at the other end of the portage.

We got through the portage just in time or we ould have encountered this group head on.

Farther up the lake we met these two gulls.

We had planned on going up here.  But the lift over is now the left hand channel.  Going through there is hard enough even when it's dry.

So we went and had lunch.  Then these two guys showed up.  The stern paddler used to post here but I don't think he has recently.

We went up the next portage.  This photo location is just a little ways off the portage trail.

4/08/2018 6:47 am  #21

High falls to Opa?

4/08/2018 7:31 am  #22

I am not aware of a portage from High Falls to Opalescent

4/08/2018 7:49 am  #23

Please ExqOoze my mistake!

High Falls to Ooze?

4/08/2018 10:33 am  #24

Yes, it is the portage from Ooze Lake to High Falls Lake.  Last spring was exceptionally high water; we have never seen water on this portage before.

For comparison with WIA 250, here is a photo we took at the High Falls end of the portage that day:

Here is a guide to the various photos I showed.

The stone couch campsite on Opalescent.

The Ooze Lake end of the portage from Opalescent to Ooze.  In the summer, this can be a messy launch, but not at these water levels.

Looking down the length of Ooze Lake from the same location.

The location I asked you to identify (close to the Ooze Lake end of the portage).

At the High Falls Lake end of the portage (burnt trees in the reflection).

Western shore of High Falls Lake looking back towards the portage leading to Ooze Lake.

About half way up High Falls Lake.

At the top of High Falls Lake -- the outlet from High Falls Pond / High Falls / Water slide / Stratton Lake

At the top of High Falls Lake near the portage to St. Andrews Lake.

Along (but a little away from) the portage from High Falls Lake to St. Andrews Lake.

Your turn Martin.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.