You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/26/2017 8:00 pm  #18

Re: Dumb question time: Do you like this colour in a kayak?

Dave

11/27/2017 7:24 am  #19

Blue. I’m going to start creating profiles for the express purpose of voting for blue multiple times. (But the orange is actually pretty nice too).

11/27/2017 7:56 am  #20

If I were purchasing, I would choose the blue.

But, if I were you, I would go with what your GUT initially said.
Colour preference is so subjective. Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, whatever... It's all in the eye of the beholder.

I like redheads, my other buddy likes blondes... I have another buddy who likes brunettes... There's nothing wrong with any of the choices, it's what YOU prefer as an individual.

Hope this helps. Let us know what you choose, or keep us on the edge of our seats until your next Trip Report/Video! 

11/27/2017 8:08 am  #21

I’d like to change my vote to:

Solo Canoe. Any colour.

If we ever run into each other in AP going the same direction I’d like you to be able to keep up. 

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

11/27/2017 9:51 am  #22

Thanks for the feedback folks! I know it's super subjective and only I can make the final decision, but I appreciate the responses nonetheless. I turned to another important resource for help: my two-year-old daughter. She says Orange, so that's going to be tough to argue with. However, she recently pointed at four different colour markers and declared each of them Blue in succession, so her opinion may be suspect. 

@ShawnD: There's no chance I'd ever start taking a canoe on my solo trips - paddling a canoe is like paddling a bathtub. Don't worry, if we ever meet up I promise to slow down for you ;)

11/27/2017 3:57 pm  #23

11/27/2017 4:48 pm  #24

Pictured: one of the many canoes buried in Martin's garage.

I mean I think that's a canoe, right? The dimensions seem reasonable. Excessively wide and clearly a pig to paddle?

11/27/2017 7:00 pm  #25

11/27/2017 7:28 pm  #26

Probably still faster on the portage trail then the gents behind her. 😜

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

11/27/2017 7:48 pm  #27

I think plaid is highly underrated when it comes to canoe colours....

SeanOfAjax
Paddling Adventures Radio
www.paddlingadventuresradio.com
"Grab a paddle and get on the water"

11/27/2017 8:23 pm  #28

Okay okay, I've applied a few corrections to the colour choices and I think we can all agree this is the best option. 

11/28/2017 7:51 am  #29

It might seem silly, but if you really wanted... you could get it WRAPPED in vinyl like all the kids are doing to their cars these days...
I'm sure a small kayak like that wouldn't set you back too much...
Then the choices are endless... You could have your Kayak camper logo incorporated into the wrap somehow too...

Best part... You don't like it? It can be removed later when you're tired of it, or want to sell it...

3/09/2018 4:21 pm  #30

Uppa wrote:

Okay okay, I've applied a few corrections to the colour choices and I think we can all agree this is the best option. 

Was looking at Delta's website, and reminded me of this post...  So what was the final decision??  I'm guessing orange given little one's vote?

3/09/2018 6:33 pm  #31

The final decision was... to not buy a new kayak at all. 
I have my 'yak at the office this winter so I can find time to work on it whenever I want, and as a result it's pretty much ready to go. Keel repaired as usual but then I applied an extra layer of 'wrap' on top of that (something called KeelEazy) so I won't have a flooded dry hatch half way through my next trip, Delta mailed me some of the glue/epoxy they use on their boats so I could properly repair my separating cockpit rim. They mailed me new decals as well so it looks a little spiffier!

But yeah... I was all set to buy a new kayak and then just got cold feet. I really like the new Delta 16 model but a couple tiny things got me worried, like that they cut recessed 'grooves' into the hull for the deck rigging to run along. Don't get me wrong it's a great idea, but some of them are smack on where I put my suction cup camera mounts, which means I'd have to find another solution. So I started looking at my current kayak and decided the old girl has some life left in her yet. 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.