You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/18/2017 11:45 am  #35

Re: What's Your Personal Best?

going barbless sure helps with release efforts,

4/18/2017 12:16 pm  #36

It certainly does, but I was surprised at how many of the trout caught that weekend had swallowed the lure deep enough to hit the gills (3 out of 5). Barbless or not, they were going to have a hard time surviving. But if you choose to keep wounded fish as your meal, and release the lightly hooked fish, then at least you're not returning a fish to the lake with a death sentence. Personally, once I've caught my meal I generally just stop fishing, as it's dinner time. But if C&R fishing, barbless makes a very important difference.

4/18/2017 1:02 pm  #37

general rule of thumb, if da fish is bleeding, keep it, because it probably will not survive,

4/30/2017 7:58 pm  #38

I haven't actually caught a Trout in the park since I was a kid and that one was a nice little Brookie. Since then my pb is a 24", six and a half pound Rainbow and I just hooked in to these for Trout opener (but on the Credit somewhere)

Splash action by Zen, on Flickr

Landed by Zen, on Flickr

5/01/2017 8:07 am  #39

I caught the biggest brook trout I've seen in my life on MAGENTEWAN lake Friday night. I didn't measure it or weigh it but if I had to guess it was at least 3LB and 22 inches! Everyone I've ever talked to said there is nothing in that lake! I seen it come to the surface to feed about 20 feet out from my campsite so I casted a spoon out and it hit it within a second of it hitting the water. I didn't get any photos though unfortunatly as it was getting dark and I had no intentions on keeping him so I released as fast as I could! So I'll include a photo of my catch yesterday instead.. nothing record breaking though..

Last edited by ATVenture (5/01/2017 8:09 am)

5/01/2017 8:48 am  #40

Zen & AT - great shots!

The itch is real. I'll be getting my line wet in APP this weekend, hopefully some new PB's to follow. With the season underway I think the photo's will be flowing. 

5/01/2017 10:16 am  #41

basilthegood wrote:

Zen & AT - great shots!

The itch is real. I'll be getting my line wet in APP this weekend, hopefully some new PB's to follow. With the season underway I think the photo's will be flowing. 

Where too this weekend?

5/01/2017 10:45 am  #42

ATVenture wrote:

basilthegood wrote:

Zen & AT - great shots!

Where too this weekend?

I'm part of a camp that borders a southern lake of APP. While not really a backcountry trip, it's very remote access and I'll technically still be fishing Algonquin waters

5/07/2017 5:52 pm  #43

How did everyone fair this weekend?

I'll be wringing and drying everything out for the next week.

The bite was red hot right before the rain started. I had assumed it would cool down with the storm sitting put but I was wrong.

New PB - 24 inches, 3.2 lbs.

5/07/2017 6:28 pm  #44

are you over your limit for algonquin park? 2 lakers allowed reg license (ZONE 15) 1 for a conservation tag?
     you did not mention that you were fishing with others?  you kept saying "i" in the above posting? pity

Last edited by swedish pimple (5/07/2017 8:03 pm)

5/07/2017 7:13 pm  #45

swedish pimple wrote:

are you over your limit for algonquin park? 2 lakers allowed reg license 1 for a conservation tag?
     you did not mention that you were fishing with others?  you kept saying "i" in the above posting? pity

He said hes part of a camp so I'm assuming he wasn't alone. He also said it's close to the edge of A.P.P. so no guarantee they were caught within the park.

5/07/2017 7:57 pm  #46

i did not assume anything,,  i call `em as i see `em.  over his limit. ZONE 15
        that is the way i interpret the above post. unless trying to take credit for fish others caught?
basil wrote. " i `ll technically  still be fishing algonquin waters" w.t.f.

Last edited by swedish pimple (5/07/2017 8:04 pm)

5/07/2017 9:24 pm  #47

swedish pimple wrote:

i did not assume anything,,  i call `em as i see `em.  over his limit. ZONE 15
        that is the way i interpret the above post. unless trying to take credit for fish others caught?
basil wrote. " i `ll technically  still be fishing algonquin waters" w.t.f.

Why must you assume the worst of people Swede? That was our boats limit for the day. Two guys with sport licenses. Part of a larger group even.

5/07/2017 9:34 pm  #48

Just because I'm somewhere doesn't mean I'm alone.

Nice catch. Hope you had a great day.

5/07/2017 9:41 pm  #49

" why must you assume the worst of people swede" "basil the good" wrote,,, i have seen it all in over 30 years of using algonquin,,,(and hunting and fish`n since i was legal age)  i suggest that perhaps you shoulda spelled it out that way the first time,, not just post the fish shots with no mention of others involved . one picture is worth how many words of interpretation by  other posters.
   good for you, nice catch.,,,,no doubt about it,,,  it is not what you post, it is how you post it ,,

5/08/2017 5:57 am  #50

swedish pimple wrote:

are you over your limit for algonquin park? 2 lakers allowed reg license (ZONE 15) 1 for a conservation tag?

troll

5/08/2017 6:38 am  #51

Lol

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.