You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/22/2017 5:51 pm  #120

Re: So when does the ice-out prediction conversation start???

Coureur des Biere wrote:

Darn wispy clouds in the latest sat image (16:07 GMT) are blocking AP but Lake Nippising is completely ice free...maybe the next one in an hour will give us a little window through!

Nipissing and Trout Lake are free. Tried to get into Cedar Lake today but the road is still snowed in at the 12km or so mark.

4/22/2017 8:09 pm  #121

Thanks ATVenture for the constant updating. 
I'm booked for the 28th. Should I think that it's completely un-possible? 

4/22/2017 8:46 pm  #122

upthepaddle wrote:

I wouldnt say its completely unpossible. Check MODIS imaging. Looks like good progress in the last week amd theres still time for you. Fingers crossed.

4/22/2017 8:51 pm  #123

Based on todays Image and the weather this week I think that 18-20 degree Wednesday will finish off the ice.

Its the roads I'm worried about now

"Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go Canoeing" - Henry David Thoreau

4/23/2017 6:35 am  #124

breed85 wrote:

upthepaddle wrote:

I wouldnt say its completely unpossible. Check MODIS imaging. Looks like good progress in the last week amd theres still time for you. Fingers crossed.

I think WORST CASE they won't issue any permits for Opeongo until after Friday but I think everywhere else will be good to go for sure! I'm assuming they will be doing an ice flight on Thursday.

4/23/2017 10:12 am  #125

This was my Sunday morning.. it wasn't terrible that's for sure. xD

4/23/2017 6:47 pm  #126

The best satellite image in days still has a good amount of cloud cover obscuring things, but plenty of lakes have gone from white to blue, and the remaining iced-in ones are all significantly darker. Good progress for sure!

4/24/2017 7:36 am  #127

ATVenture wrote:

Coureur des Biere wrote:

Darn wispy clouds in the latest sat image (16:07 GMT) are blocking AP but Lake Nippising is completely ice free...maybe the next one in an hour will give us a little window through!

Nipissing and Trout Lake are free. Tried to get into Cedar Lake today but the road is still snowed in at the 12km or so mark.

how much snow would you estimate was still on the Brent Road?

4/24/2017 7:57 am  #128

PhillyPhilster wrote:

ATVenture wrote:

Coureur des Biere wrote:

1 foot I would say. But there were ruts going through it from pickups so it's probably gone now. I'll probably head that way on Wednesday.

Last edited by ATVenture (4/24/2017 7:58 am)

4/24/2017 8:05 am  #129

ATVenture wrote:

PhillyPhilster wrote:

ATVenture wrote:

1 foot I would say. But there were ruts going through it from pickups so it's probably gone now. I'll probably head that way on Wednesday.

Great!!  I have big plans to head down that road Friday morning.

4/24/2017 1:07 pm  #130

I was up on the weekend, there is still a lot of ice.  I think it will be another week yet before the official ice out!  Here are some pictures....

Brewer Lake

Opeongo access

Cache Lake

Canoe Lake

Tea Lake

4/24/2017 1:19 pm  #131

If this week's forecast holds up I'd say there's still hope for this weekend. 

4/24/2017 2:20 pm  #132

Tried to get to Rain Lake road again today.. got passed the washout (I had to fix it up a bit for my small car) but the road is snowed in 3km before the access point..

I then tried to get into Magnetewan and its snowed in a few KM after the Tim River turn off, but pickups have been through.

4/24/2017 2:29 pm  #133

Rain Lake April 24/17

Looking at the new Modis image today it looks like the ice is out on the East side? Grand, Stratton, Sec, etc?

Last edited by ATVenture (4/24/2017 2:33 pm)

4/24/2017 2:34 pm  #134

Nice clear satellite image for today, showing good progress even from yesterday. 

4/24/2017 3:25 pm  #135

Uppa wrote:

Nice clear satellite image for today, showing good progress even from yesterday. 

Looks like Kiosk, Manitou, North Tea, etc are all open.. as well as Grand, Stratton, Sec, etc..

4/24/2017 4:55 pm  #136

PhillyPhilster wrote:

Great!!  I have big plans to head down that road Friday morning.

Just saw this washout pic of the Brent road posted on the Algonquin Park site: http://www.algonquinpark.on.ca/news/ice-out.php
Image above: Washout on the Brent Road in Algonquin Park on April 24, 2017. (click to enlarge)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.