You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/09/2015 8:06 pm  #1

Clemow Lake

Hi Everyone,

Just an FYI - this weekend my OH and I went to do a last minute overnight. We planned on staying at Clemow - but both the Park map (Friends) and the online booking site are wrong. There are 2 not 4 sites on the lake. The Park staff say they have been trying to grt it fixed but have had occassions where more sites are prebooked than are on the lake

Christine

9/09/2015 8:41 pm  #2

Re: Clemow Lake

Christine ya gotta to switch to Jeff's Map and you'd have known that years ago. I believe he even has a specific note right on the map itself about the fact that Camis (Ontario Parks reservation system operations) will book four sites but in actuality there are only two. Unfortunately there is more than one instance of this nature thorough out Algonquin (all of which are notes on Jeffreys maps)

Clemow is a beautiful Lake though, I hope you guys went right to the end campsite on the point, there are ruins behind it! Are there still a ton of dead pines surrounding the shore line or nah? In 2012 the remains of many pines were all around the lake as the result of a beaver dam clogging up the outlet a few years prior..

9/10/2015 6:40 am  #3

Re: Clemow Lake

HI Peek,

I know a lot of you guys are big fans of Jeff's maps but I'm really quite okay with the Friends map.  I used it on my 7 day solo this year and we used it on our 23 day trip as well.  I was perfectly happy with the info. That being said, the online system being wrong was something I thought worthy of note for others.  We chose to stay on the top end of Grand and had a lovely time. 

Last edited by ChristineCanoes (9/10/2015 6:41 am)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.