You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/16/2017 4:48 pm  #1

White Partridge Express

Trying to get the White Partridge Express rumbling along again this year.  For those who do not know about this, it is a horse and wagon ride into White Partridge Lake for a nominal fee, avoiding a 12 mile portage. And a few surprises at the end.  You can read trip logs and see videos of this trip on the trip log page out of White Partridge Trail (23a) access point and also access point 23.  This is a once in a lifetime experence of catching some fine trout in a very remote area of the GREATEST PARK IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!  With sidetrips to many lakes nearby for trout should you wish to do so.  And with no portaging to get to the meadow, you can bring whatever you want.....as long as it fits on the wagon! lol  A lot of old Algonquin Park history in this area even if you are not a fisherperson.  Ask Jeffery McMurtrie who has done this trip and is not a fisherman, even though he caught quite a few while there.  For newbies, I DO NOT make any money from this trip.

​I can find others to go on this trip, but being an AAer, I thought I would give AAers first dibs.

Just wondering if anyone is interested in this trip.  Tentative dates are May 6-14, subject to change re our teamsters, etc.

boknows

Last edited by boknows (3/17/2017 6:22 am)

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

3/17/2017 6:26 am  #2

Re: White Partridge Express

Hi Bo,

I'm going to have to check with my better half but if this doesn't interfere with our daughter's university graduation it shouldn't be too hard to convince her to come along.  Will respond later today for certain.

And I'll bring along that gin I owe you.

joe z.

Last edited by PaPaddler (3/17/2017 6:27 am)

3/17/2017 8:40 am  #3

That is great PaPaddler....gin would be nice.....but your wife will have a blast as well as you.  Let's hope we get some more AAers for this epic trip.  Like I said dates are tentative for us and our teamsters.

Bo

3/17/2017 9:04 am  #4

Daughter's graduation is May 7th.  If the dates stick to May 6-10 I won't be able to make the trip. If they shift in some way, I may be able to make it.

Rats.  This is a bucket-list-worthy trip.

3/17/2017 9:18 am  #5

I can't join the Express, but I might well see your group there. I'll be on White Partridge for a night during your proposed dates (coming in from the direction of Dickson). If you see a kayaker on the water, that's pretty much guaranteed to be me!

3/17/2017 11:03 am  #6

Hi Bo,     sending you a PM about this...

3/18/2017 2:58 pm  #7

PaPaddler......I have arranged the dates to be May 10 to the 17th as my teamster is very busy that month.  If you can make it, let me know ASAP and if you wife is going as well.  My email address is.....algonquinken@gmail.com

​Bo

Last edited by boknows (3/19/2017 11:21 am)

3/20/2017 7:11 am  #8

Just sent you a PM, Bo.

3/20/2017 8:58 am  #9

I won't make this trip, already booked elsewhere but Bo did you get a response from the teamsters yet? WPE has been on my list for a while, just wondering if they still operate.

3/20/2017 9:22 pm  #10

Yes Peek, I know of one (my teamster) still does it but not as much as before.  Send me an email and I will give you his name and phone number.....algonquinken@gmail.com

Bo

3/21/2017 11:39 am  #11

Due to 4 late cancellations, there is still room on the White Partridge Express.  Dates are May 10 to 17 and cost is $300 which is your way in and out.  If interested, contact me at algonquinken@gmail.com.  I need to know by end of this month or the White Partridge Express will be in moth balls against this year.  Thanks!

​Bo

3/21/2017 11:42 am  #12

Sadly, my work and family commitments will prevent me from going this year but I'd like to make a recommendation to any new or old AAer who might be the least bit interested in going...DO IT!!!!

The opportunity to access a remote location through such a traditional means is priceless.  I cannot wait for the day when my work commitments wane and I have the opportunity to pick up and go - I've traveled much of the world but feel there is a gap in my experience from never joining the White Partridge Express.

Go!  Go!  Go!  WPExpress!

3/23/2017 7:28 am  #13

ALL ABOARD.....The White Partridge Express is all sold out and will be rumbling down it's gravel tracks in early May.  Stayed tuned as a trip log will be posted of this epic and awesome tripping experience.

Bo

3/23/2017 7:55 am  #14

Glad to hear it! If my trip dates don't change, I'll pop over and say Hi when I'm on White Partridge. 

3/23/2017 9:39 am  #15

A BIG THANK YOU to Bo for setting this up!! 

My 11 year old son and I are SUPER EXCITED to be able to be a part of this experience.  The next month and a bit are going to craaaaaaaaaaaaawl by.  I will post a trip log for sure.

Uppa,  what night are you planning to be on White Partridge? 

3/23/2017 11:46 am  #16

Unless I change my dates (and I'm considering going a week earlier) I'll be on White Partridge on the 14th. 

3/23/2017 1:46 pm  #17

Looking forward!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.