You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/21/2017 3:00 pm  #1

Big Porcupine Lake

Planning a trip in early May to Big Porcupine Lake.  Can anyone suggest the best camp site or comment on how the fishing has been the last few years?

2/21/2017 7:30 pm  #2

Re: Big Porcupine Lake

I was there this past summer.  I've always stayed on the site immediately to the left of the portage to Bonnechere.  It's big and has some nice flat rocks near the water good for swimming and loading/unloading.

www.algonquinvoyageur.blogspot.ca
'...a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows. The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows.’ Sigurd Olson

2/22/2017 12:27 pm  #3

That's great, thanks!

2/22/2017 1:13 pm  #4

I have stayed there twice and both times we took a campsite along the right side in the first part of the lake.  It is huge with a big fire pit area, and a cool stone oven.  Not sure if it works anymore but its a great site.

2/22/2017 1:17 pm  #5

Any fish caught off shore there?  That's the site that i'm leaning towards going after.

2/23/2017 7:34 pm  #6

Have a look in the PCI section of the website. Lots of BP camp sites listed there.

LeoV

2/28/2017 2:49 pm  #7

Pm sent.

2/28/2017 3:30 pm  #8

rfifer wrote:

Any fish caught off shore there?  That's the site that i'm leaning towards going after.

I did not fish either time I stayed on that lake.  Google the algonquin trout fishing surveys and check big porc.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.