You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/29/2015 7:22 am  #1

Non Algonquin

Since many of us do backpacking, canoe and kayak trips not in Algonquin.  Can we post some of them here or should there be a sub menu for non algonquin trips?  Just wondering since I like seeing other people trips. Or is this forum only for algonquin related trips?

8/29/2015 8:03 am  #2

Re: Non Algonquin

Hi Russ .. As its name indicates, Algonquin Adventures is intended just for adventures related to Algonquin Park.

8/29/2015 12:54 pm  #3

The Canadian Canoe Routes forum has lots of good discussion and trip reports outside (and inside) Algonquin; no reason to make this forum totally redundant with that one. Many of us use both forums.
Ontario discussion - http://www.myccr.com/phpbbforum/viewforum.php?f=107
Ontario trip reports - http://www.myccr.com/phpbbforum/viewforum.php?f=108
(find subforums for other regions through the board index)

9/02/2015 11:27 am  #4

Russ, are you a member on CCR?  If not, and you register, please make mention of being a member of the AA forum, so I can recognize you quickly.

Barbara

Take everything as it comes; the wave passes, deal with the next one.

Tom Thomson, 1877-1917

9/02/2015 11:42 am  #5

Barbara
I've looked over there in the past but have never signed up.

9/02/2015 12:48 pm  #6

It's another great resource for stuff outdoors related with a Canadian focus

9/03/2015 8:41 am  #7

Steve E wrote:

It's another great resource for stuff outdoors related with a Canadian focus

Lots of AA members are also CCR members. ;)

There's been a fair amount of US content added in the last while.

Barbara

Take everything as it comes; the wave passes, deal with the next one.

Tom Thomson, 1877-1917

9/04/2015 5:06 am  #8

Thanks for the info.  I may look over there also.  I've been on AA for about 6 years.  I may not post as much as others but I do look at other posts everyday.  So I feel as I know the AA members even though I haven't met them. I do canoe once and a while but I go kayaking the most. Mainly local stuff here in the states.  My other hobby is backpacking which is mainly state side infact I just had to cancel my 5-night backpacking trip with my son.  We had planned on going to some high alpine lakes near Silverton Colorado above 12,000 ft.  But he got called out to the wildfires on the west coast again. He was at the california wildfires earlier this year. So my plans are on hold till he is done with the fires.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.