You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/22/2015 9:24 pm  #1

Cougars (Revisited)

I know a few years back (on the OLD forum ;) there was a discussion about the existence of Cougars in Algonquin Park.  Just wondering if there have been any more (recent) documentations of Cougars sightings in the Park?

8/26/2015 8:16 am  #2

Re: Cougars (Revisited)

So... have you seen one?  

They  were reported in Huntsville last fall, seen by firefighters.  I wouldn't be surprised if they are in the park!
I would include the link but I'm not allowed since this is my first post to this forum.

barrie.ctvnews.ca/ two-cougar-sightings-in-huntsville-1.2013471

8/26/2015 8:56 am  #3

Definitely in Ontario as we all know from the MNR study in Ontario, scat only DNA found, No pictures from
their remote cams placed all over Ontario. Just goes to show you how elusive these big cats are,
more so than wolves. You would think the park would we have them for the vast amount of space
and deer etc. Who ever gets a solid real image of one, would surely be in demand for the Ontario news
media.

Dwayne Oakes

Last edited by Dwayne Oakes (9/02/2015 8:32 pm)

8/28/2015 6:39 pm  #4

redstart wrote:

So... have you seen one?  

They  were reported in Huntsville last fall, seen by firefighters.  I wouldn't be surprised if they are in the park!
I would include the link but I'm not allowed since this is my first post to this forum.

barrie.ctvnews.ca/ two-cougar-sightings-in-huntsville-1.2013471

Oh they be here alright

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/big-cat-caught-officials-nab-cougar-in-southern-ontario-town-1.1910607

A mans gotta do, what a man's gotta do.

8/28/2015 10:14 pm  #5

Greeeeaaaaat ! Now I can worry about cougars as well as bears😨

K

"Anyone can make love in a canoe, it's a Canadian who knows enough to take out the centre thwart!        Bahahaha!
                                                                      - Philip Chester

8/30/2015 10:44 pm  #6

Not sure about within the park but just east about an hour at a place called Wilno Tavern - numerous positive ID's.

9/01/2015 9:33 am  #7

That cougar caught east of cobourg was not wild. It had escaped from a private collector in the area. That's why it was hanging out around peoples homes. No fear of humans. It was taken to Peterborough zoo.
I'm sure someone will get footage of a wild cougar on a game cam sooner or later. I'd sure like to see it.

Redkanew

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.