You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/30/2016 5:22 pm  #1

Big Bob Lake

Hey All!

Hope the first month of tripping season has been good to everyone!

I have a 2 night, 3 day solo trip planned and am thinking about just heading into big bob for a couple relaxing nights.

I am just curious if anyone has any pictures/info on the campsites there? I am looking at the western most site specifically for some seclusion but not sure of its condition or suitability for sleeping ( I use a hammock and tarp)

Thanks everyone in advance!

Cheers!

"Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go Canoeing" - Henry David Thoreau

5/31/2016 2:44 pm  #2

Re: Big Bob Lake

We stayed on Big Bob a long time ago.  What I remember is that the site furthest west was a mess of fallen trees.

It's a pretty small lake, so it won't take long to check the sites out.  (I seem to remember there being 3 sites.)

If there is already a party there, then you don't get any choice.

We stayed on the site closest to the 200m portage. I think a hammocker would be happy on that site.

Barbara

Last edited by Barbara (5/31/2016 2:45 pm)

Take everything as it comes; the wave passes, deal with the next one.

Tom Thomson, 1877-1917

5/31/2016 8:08 pm  #3

Yes, 3 sites is what the map shows. The eastern site (the one Barbara stayed at) also has nice open west-facing frontage, which is what you want during bug season. I haven't been to the west end of the lake so I can't comment. It's not a very high-traffic route so I wouldn't worry too much about seclusion, and in fact the site close to the portages is the most secluded from the other campsites.

5/31/2016 9:41 pm  #4

Exellent!

Thank you kindly for the replies Dan and Barbara.

I suppose Ill just check in with the permit office that weekend and see if anyone else has booked; if not I'll check them all out and see what suits me best.

Cheers!

"Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go Canoeing" - Henry David Thoreau

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.