You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/06/2016 3:26 pm  #1

Trout fishing Access #3?

I am trying to avoid the predicted rain tomorrow.. so I will either leave tomorrow evening or early Sunday morning for a 3 day 2 night trip. If I leave tomorrow evening I can turn that into a 3 nighter. 
Magnetewan lake has always been my favourite access point so I am considering just going into Daisy and Misty, problem is I have heard nothing good about fishing in the area.
Another possibility would be starting from Cache and heading into Pardee Lake.? 
Any other suggestions welcome!

5/07/2016 8:40 am  #2

Re: Trout fishing Access #3?

Just on what I've heard, Ralph Bice might be a better pick than Daisy or Misty. Not that it's a top trout lake in the park, but probably better than other lakes that are really close to access point 3. If you can get beyond Misty, like Timberwolf or White Trout area, that might also be a little better? Though a bit far for a short trip.

And don't ignore the rivers in that area you might pass along.

5/07/2016 9:23 am  #3

Apparently Ryan Lake is stocked and isn't very far from the Shall Lake Access... almost considering this as an option now.

5/07/2016 10:28 am  #4

What would the chances be of catching trout on the Barron River, Brigham Lake, High Falls etc?

5/07/2016 4:29 pm  #5

We had good luck on Ryan for Splake and on Shirley for Lakers. 

I have heard of trout being caught in Barron River, but not too often. 

5/07/2016 7:45 pm  #6

You don't need to catch any fish to enjoy fishing. I know - I've tested that theory many a time! 

Dave

5/07/2016 9:25 pm  #7

You won't find much on the Barron but you will definitely get some action on Shirley and Ryan....

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.