You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/12/2016 2:50 pm  #1

Kiosk access point

Hey all,

I'll be heading up to the Kiosk (29) access point in June and i'll be leaving from Windsor on a Wednesday and heading into the park on Thursday. We plan to just camp out the Wednesday night, so i was wondering if anyone knows any crown land camping spots near kiosk, or any other recommendations for that night.

I've heard you can camp at the access point, does anyone have any experience with that? 

4/12/2016 3:08 pm  #2

Re: Kiosk access point

kiosk has a neat little campground,,, beach.. the lake blowns up real good with the wind from the north west . early morning start up is a must to try and beat the winds. wolf bay?

4/12/2016 3:40 pm  #3

swedish pimple wrote:

kiosk has a neat little campground,,, beach.. the lake blowns up real good with the wind from the north west . early morning start up is a must to try and beat the winds. wolf bay?

Oh really? well we definitely plan on getting out as early as possible, so camping the night before near the lake is our best bet. I'll definitely check out the kiosk camp grounds then. Not sure what you mean by wolf bay, is there a spot we can camp near there?

Were heading out June 23, besides the bugs and the potential winds that might occur, is there anything else that we should look out for? It's a 5 day loop trip to mouse, maple, and last night on  one of the 2 most west sites on kiosk (near the 265m and 310m portages)

Thanks!

4/12/2016 3:49 pm  #4

Wolfe Bay is west of the access point, still on Kioshkokwi. There are several interior sites on Kioshkokwi in addition to the drive in campground at the access point. The campground is relatively busy (at least during the summer) so it is worth checking availability ahead of time. 

4/12/2016 5:29 pm  #5

To adapt/repeat something I said on another thread, there are two different ways to camp at Kiosk before heading out: there are "jump-off campsites" just like at Rain and Mag (interior-style sites right at the access point that can be reserved as interior sites), and there's also the Kiosk campground, a regular drive-in campground that's right beside the access point. I think a starting night at a jump-off campsite can be reserved as part of the canoe trip, as night 1 of an interior route, whereas a night in the campground would have to be a separate reservation, paying the reservation fee again (though maybe you shouldn't worry about reservations on a week night in June). Since the Kiosk permit office is right at the access point/campground, either of these options are more practical than at Rain or Mag. Along similar lines as the campground option there's also Samuel de Champlain Provincial Park very close to the Kiosk turnoff; unlike Kioisk, the Sam de Champ campground has showers. Whether campground or jump-off sites are more economical depends on the size of your group, since jump-off sites follow the per-person interior camping fee schedule while campgrounds have a flat rate per site.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.