You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/06/2023 6:16 pm  #52

Re: Algonquin Misadventure

RCSpartan wrote:

This thread shows how big a bunch of tools some of you are. Do you call Netfix to complain when a series doesn't release all 7 seasons after the pilot? Do you complain when a story doesn't match the preconceived narrative that you envisioned? Unreal.

Eion goes out on a limb to share his experience and this is what happens. 

Also don't tell anyone but I may have exceeded the speed limit driving on the 60 from time to time...Hope that doesn't bring the police to my door...

I really hope I don't run into you fools the backcountry. I go to get away from people like you. I'm out. This is my last time on this site.

Do better. Be better.
RC

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out

12/06/2023 6:17 pm  #53

Peek wrote:

Lol I knew it was a troll

And while I didn't report you, I would.

Thanks to your website I have a good idea of where your trips will be next year. I can't wait to run into you in person.

PS - wear a life jacket bud!

12/06/2023 6:21 pm  #54

Eoin Sandison wrote:

Peek wrote:

Thanks to your website I have a good idea of where your trips will be next year. I can't wait to run into you in person.

Life jackets, which are different from PFD's, are not required. And PFD's are not required to be worn, only in the boat with you.

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

12/06/2023 6:23 pm  #55

Eoin Sandison wrote:

Peek wrote:

Oooh we got a keyboard warrior here boys!! WOOOOEEEEE!

Lol geez man, get over yourself. You sound like a psychopath.

12/06/2023 6:24 pm  #56

trippythings wrote:

Eoin Sandison wrote:

Peek wrote:

Life jackets, which are different from PFD's, are not required. And PFD's are not required to be worn, only in the boat with you.

No no Cody, you missed it. It was a thinly veiled threat.. guess I hit a sore spot.. poor fella

12/06/2023 6:26 pm  #57

12/06/2023 6:27 pm  #58

I can confirm that both park staff and management have regularly "cruised" this forum over the years, as do many people who aren't forum members. The forum is viewable to the vast majority of the public. I recommend that should anyone be the subject of threatening comments, they save a screenshot of those comments. 

​It looks like the OP's rewritten account of the trip was edited away and he has "deregistered" himself from the forum. 

12/06/2023 6:46 pm  #59

The mental gymnastics exhibited here is something else..

Breaks the law -> Posts about it on a PUBLIC forum -> Get caught (probably not true) -> Blames anyone other than himself for getting caught.

Big brain material right here folks.

Special edit/inclusion by forum admin, at Peek's request (5:08 pm, Dec. 7, 2023) :

"Let me quickly tell you guys how that story was going to end.

It was going to turn into a huge anti-logging rant. Wanna know how I know? Because the same person posted this on Reddit (confirmed by IP address), on the same day the first chapter of this 'story' was posted here. Beyond IP address, when you compare the writing style, it's sooo obvious. So there you have it. 

Reddit Post by the same user

Also, the 'citation'? Bull. 1. Ontario Parks wouldn't be calling you, the MNR would. 2. You can't be issued a citation over the phone, as it requires a signature, like any other citation in Ontario. So buddy made this part up, to have an excuse to not continue with his BS story once he realized he lost traction here. The same thing happened on Reddit, and he deleted his account.. just like here.

I've also submitted a report to the RCMP with his IP address and a screenshot of his threat. Hope it was worth it!"

Last edited by BarryB (12/07/2023 5:08 pm)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.