You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/06/2023 5:30 am  #1

Canoe lake to Burntroot lake

Hello,

Looking to do a week long trip end off September from Canoe to Burntroot and would like your opinion on the quickest route to take to get to Burntroot from Canoe lake? Would like to make it into the top end of Burntroot in Two days with single portaging.

Thank you
Joe

9/06/2023 8:32 am  #2

Re: Canoe lake to Burntroot lake

Hi Joe,

I did this a few years back and stayed on White Trout for the first night. If I was going to do it again, I think I'd probably rather do Otter Slide for the first night. The portages between Sunbeam and White Trout weren't the best if I'm remembering right. If you're on Otter Slide the portages are much easier, especially for single carrying. Just have to hope for good wind on Burnt Island and Big Trout.

Drew

9/06/2023 9:05 am  #3

I've done this route a few times and like Drew said, the best way is up through the Otterslides. The Sunbeam / White Trout route is very pretty, but definitely less enjoyable of a journey.

Day 1 Canoe to Otterslide. Day 2 Otterslide to Burntroot. If you have decent weather and don't mind some long days on the water it's totally doable.

There's a recent thread here asking about the same route: https://algonquinadventures.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=3851

I link to a few of my trip reports in my response in that thread.

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

9/06/2023 5:35 pm  #4

Thank you Drew and trippythings! Looks like the Otterslides will be the route we take to get into Burntroot.

Joe

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.