You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/31/2023 6:55 am  #2

Re: Looks like we're due for a fire ban soon

I'm not surprised.  I don't recall the Country itself being this dry this early in the season.  We desperately need rain.

5/31/2023 3:21 pm  #3

6/27/2023 12:14 pm  #4

Any idea if/when the fire ban might be lifted? I understand the province's resources were stretched which is why they have been cautious, but I can't see any reason to keep the ban in place for Algonquin Park. When I was on the East side in mid-June after the heavy rainfalls everything was saturated and lush.

Last edited by Bampot (6/27/2023 12:15 pm)

6/27/2023 1:57 pm  #5

The ban is in effect through the ministry, so it will more than likely take a bit longer to reopen specific areas.  Weather depending, I could see it lasting throughout most of July, but definitely will not be lifted before the long weekend.

6/27/2023 4:06 pm  #6

Smokey as the devil here in London this afternoon. Never experienced this level of stink before. A fair amount of rain lately but it is complicated.

6/27/2023 8:46 pm  #7

Yes, as you mentioned, it is also about fire fighting resources and the fact that the MNRF determines when the RFZ will be lifted in certain area, not Algonquin Park management. So, until those fires north of APP start going out, we probably won't see any lifting of the frei ban.

7/11/2023 3:15 pm  #8

7/11/2023 4:03 pm  #9

Thanks for the fyi Lukatch, this makes me very happy as we plan to be in the park in less than two weeks. Fingers crossed it holds.
Cheers,
Rich

7/11/2023 4:22 pm  #10

I juussst got back from my 3yr olds first portage trip.

Figures.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.