You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/05/2023 12:28 pm  #1

Grassy Bay paddling upstream to Misty Forks

Hi,
My solo trip starts (finally) in a weeks time!  I’m staying on White Trout and then paddling to Timberwolf.  Instead of paddling through McIntosh and going through McIntosh which I’ve done plenty, I was considering paddling up the Petawawa past Taylor chute to Misty Lake and then through the creek toTimberwolf.  

I was wondering what the current is like in that part of the Petawawa and see if it’s feasible to paddle upstream solo.  Thanks very much!

5/05/2023 12:39 pm  #2

Re: Grassy Bay paddling upstream to Misty Forks

We'll be seeing you out there!  
I went down this river 10 years ago almost to the date and it would have been rough going upstream.  From what I recall the portages are pretty steep/rocky, and the current was pretty swift.  Not insurmountable, but definitely faster than the Pet between Little Misty and Daisy.  Water levels are super high right now, so it could be faster than I recall.
Having been through there myself, I probably would stick to McIntosh Creek because I'm lazy.  The 850m had a relic'd sawblade on it which was neat.  
Depending on how your day is going, you could just dip up to the Taylor Chute and see what the water level is like.  What you see down there is how the rest of the river is (again, from what I recall).  Would probably tack an hour or two in travel.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.