You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/20/2023 1:36 pm  #1

7 Days Solo in North Algonquin

The written Trip Report was shared a little while back for this trip but I've just finished the video series and wanted to share.

7 Days Solo in North Algonquin (Part 1/3) (33:12)

7 Days Solo in North Algonquin (Part 2/3) (40:39)

7 Days Solo in North Algonquin (Part 3/3) (35:27)

"This was going to be my one and only long intensive trip of the 2022 season. 7 Days solo in Algonquin Park. I sent my dog Elo on vacation to my parents house. This week was going to be for me, and me alone. My route would start form Kiosk and go through White Birch, Mouse, Erables and Maple before going back to Kiosk. The park looked quiet, the weather looked fantastic, and I was itching to get out and explore the backcountry."

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

4/03/2023 8:06 am  #2

Re: 7 Days Solo in North Algonquin

In 2016 I took my son with me on a trip (he was 11).  We jumped off from Kiosk and stayed on the same campsite you did on Whitebirch.  Heard a pair of pileated woodpeckers in back of that campsite, and slowly made our way back there to watch them working over a couple of trees.  Woodchips were everywhere.  Great campsite - it was nice to see it again!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.