You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/21/2023 12:41 pm  #1

Tarps for winter camping?

Hi All!

My wife and I just completed our first winter camping trip.  We had a great time.  We are planning a trip to Algonquin next winter while visiting relatives.   

Just curious if anyone has anyone uses tarps for winter camping and if they have any good tips and tricks for quickly pitching the tarp and setting up your shelter.   We are more the type that will move on a nightly basis.

Looking forward to learning more and getting better at winter camping!

-Jess

Last edited by Jess (3/21/2023 3:40 pm)

4/06/2024 8:14 am  #2

Re: Tarps for winter camping?

I have a winter tarp from Simply Light Designs that I bought for my hammock but also works great for winter camping. It has 3 internal poles that really open up the inside for maximum room. Nice and easy to set up on a single ridgeline.  I use one of these (with either real wood or pellets for no smoke) and it warms the interior up REALLY well (have to be mindful of carbon monoxide but I vent well): https://www.amazon.ca/TOMSHOO-Camping-Backpacking-Foldable-Burning/dp/B08DV4F7QQ

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.