You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/20/2023 6:10 pm  #1

How are sites booked more than 5 months+ from today?

I was scoping out individual campsite bookings at other parks for August 3rd of this year. I noticed quite a few sites are already booked up and unavailable; how are people gaming the site to be able to do this? When I click on the sites it tells me they won't be available to book until March 3rd.

It's less noticeable when looking at a map of Algonquin since individual lakes don't book up as quickly as individual campsites. Still, prize solo lakes like Little Eagle are already gone for the weekend after the Labour Day long weekend. How is this possible?

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

2/20/2023 6:40 pm  #2

Re: How are sites booked more than 5 months+ from today?

You can book five months from now and onwards so long as it's a contiguous set of dates. 

Last edited by Zemantics (2/20/2023 8:43 pm)

2/21/2023 12:45 am  #3

It's 5 months from the trip start date. But your trip can be several weeks or months long. Many people use it as a loophole by booking extremely long trips, and then cancelling the first xxxx number of nights. It's very frowned upon and the park should have better preventative measures in place (booking limits, higher cancellation fees, etc.)

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

2/21/2023 7:55 am  #4

simple, you can book up to 23 days, so people with deep pockets can book more than three weeks ahead by paying for the extra days ahead of the date wanted.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.