You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/10/2023 5:19 pm  #1

WIA #624

2/10/2023 5:36 pm  #2

Re: WIA #624

I don't know where that is, but my trout fishing radar is pinned.

2/10/2023 6:06 pm  #3

along the walking trail from mew lake parking lot recycle cans,, over the wooden bridge to this beauty spot.
 that  is  the south madawaska river?? 

Last edited by swedish pimple (2/10/2023 6:11 pm)

2/10/2023 6:54 pm  #4

The 135 meter portage from Daisy Lake heading east on the Petawawa River

2/10/2023 9:20 pm  #5

End of north depot portage.

2/11/2023 10:55 am  #6

Looks like the top of Penn Falls

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

2/11/2023 2:30 pm  #7

Amable Du fond between north tea and manitou?

Last edited by AlgonquinLakes (2/11/2023 2:31 pm)

2/12/2023 3:21 pm  #8

swedish pimple wrote:

along the walking trail from mew lake parking lot recycle cans,, over the wooden bridge to this beauty spot.
 that  is  the south madawaska river?? 

I think this is almost certainly it, but I've never come at it from Mew Lake. Can you give me a tiny bit more detail? 

2/12/2023 4:24 pm  #9

hey john,, 
   park at the recycling bins on the roadway to the campsites,, take the walking trail from there,, lots of blueberries when in season.  take the right pathway . the path way leads down to the water, there is a bridge to cross , once on the other side you can link up to the rail way trail,, not far,,
    there is a very old trail with a rotten set of steps leading up a hill,, that will also take you to the rail trail.
       notice where the main falls are located in the middle of the photo,, you can actually sit against the shelf wall and the water will run over your head not getting wet,, you can sit and watch the falls from the inside,, l.o.l.
     this is a great little picnic stop,

2/12/2023 5:24 pm  #10

swedish pimple wrote:

hey john,, 
   park at the recycling bins on the roadway to the campsites,, take the walking trail from there,, lots of blueberries when in season.  take the right pathway . the path way leads down to the water, there is a bridge to cross , once on the other side you can link up to the rail way trail,, not far,,
    there is a very old trail with a rotten set of steps leading up a hill,, that will also take you to the rail trail.
       notice where the main falls are located in the middle of the photo,, you can actually sit against the shelf wall and the water will run over your head not getting wet,, you can sit and watch the falls from the inside,, l.o.l.
     this is a great little picnic stop,

You've got it. I always access it from the rail trail or the Two Rivers store, but I imagine you're describing hooking up with the Highland trail? In any event, yes a great picnic spot, even if it is much more "front country" than most WIAs.

2/14/2023 6:00 pm  #11

i do not have any photos to share,, 
  the floor is open to anyone that would like to share a photo,,
    go ahead, make my day,

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.