You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/03/2023 3:06 pm  #1

Kitty to Booth Portage

Is the portage between Kitty and Booth passable using a cart, or should I expect to be slugging my kayak across?  

1/03/2023 3:24 pm  #2

Re: Kitty to Booth Portage

It's been a few years but I don't believe you can cart it. 

1/03/2023 3:25 pm  #3

RCSpartan wrote:

It's been a few years but I don't believe you can cart it. 

That's what I figured... Thank you!

1/03/2023 4:16 pm  #4

when i was there several canoes lined up the river to the dam and up and over,, i could hear the canoes hitting rocks as they went,,, that was many summers ago,, booth 2007 trip log some where??

1/04/2023 9:32 am  #5

My recollection is that its a pretty short portage and it would take as much time to set up your cart as it would to just carry it. 

1/05/2023 1:01 pm  #6

been on this signed P550m (645m on jeffs) several times now. A cart could be used for some of this portage, but there is a section in the middle where a cart would not be possible. also, at the booth end of the portage it is a steep drop to the water over some roots.
I personally wouldn't want to use a cart on it

1/05/2023 2:04 pm  #7

Evan Briden wrote:

been on this signed P550m (645m on jeffs) several times now. A cart could be used for some of this portage, but there is a section in the middle where a cart would not be possible. also, at the booth end of the portage it is a steep drop to the water over some roots.
I personally wouldn't want to use a cart on it

Good info, thanks!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.