You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/12/2022 2:07 pm  #1

Tent colour?

I have always gone with bright colours for a tent over neutral brown and greys on the basis of safety.  Just like a PFD, easier to spot bright orange in the wilderness.  Was just looking at a few tents for the upcoming season and I'd love a good excuse to go with a neutral colour but it seems like a bad camper move.  Curious if anyone had any thoughts/insights on this?

Last edited by GordK (11/12/2022 2:08 pm)

11/12/2022 9:27 pm  #2

Re: Tent colour?

I certainly have had neutral coloured tents in the past.  Seems they were used more for car camping.  My backcountry tents while have never been orange (not intentional). They’ve always seem to be some neon green or bright yellow.  I wouldn’t say it’s a bad camper move, the question I guess do you want it easily spotted from the air?  

Last edited by captainchaos2000 (11/12/2022 9:46 pm)

11/13/2022 11:58 am  #3

Re: Tent colour?

I have a brown tent, and a grey tent. However I'm not too worried about visibility as my canoe is bright red, and my tarp (if up) is orange. So I guess I'm saying the tent colour doesn't have to be bright if some of your other large gear is.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.