You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/01/2022 1:49 pm  #18

Re: did ya get the m.n.r. e-mail yet??

I'd be very surprised if they didn't raise the price of backcountry camping. Has been 12 dollars a night for years and everything else has gone up with Justinflation. I'd happily pay more, place is epic. Just had an amazing trip there with a personal best fish. 

11/01/2022 2:17 pm  #19

Lenny wrote:

I'd be very surprised if they didn't raise the price of backcountry camping. Has been 12 dollars a night for years and everything else has gone up with Justinflation. I'd happily pay more, place is epic. Just had an amazing trip there with a personal best fish. 

ON parks has started piloting price changes in other back country parks such as Massasauga and Lady Ev.  The price is now $44/night per site (same price as drive in sites) rather than a per person price.  While I agree with you that a per person rate increase in APP is justified, the direction ONparks is moving will be the same as these pilot projects.  Solo and tandem tripping parties will feel the pinch.

11/03/2022 8:28 am  #20

Will likely lead to increased illegal use of back country.

11/03/2022 8:38 am  #21

shayne , i think numbering campsites would reduce people from just going , next the fines will go up as well

11/03/2022 8:36 pm  #22

Good point. That would increase back country accountability as well. I can see an increase nightly fees per person. Its been $12 for quite some time. It's The flat rate thing I cant wrap my head around. Maybe they can account for solos and tandems separately from larger groups.  Something like $18/ per night  solo and tandem.  $55
flat rate for groups of 3 or more. So a group of  9(max allowed) splitting the cost pay $6.11 each . Anyone have the Stat for the avg group size using the interior. Our group is typically 4 to 6, sometimes 7.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.