You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/19/2022 9:06 am  #1

Max 7 night stay in Algonquin front country

So it looks like MNR announced there is a max 7-day stay in some parks including Algonquin front country campgrounds.

This will prevent people from pre-booking popular lakes (ie book a 21-night trip 20 days before your desired one-night stay, then change to a one-night stay later).

Seems that backcountry won't be affected.

Quite frankly, they should do something similar for the hwy60 corridor backcountry, there's too much demand and too many yahoos

Link to Ontario Parks statement: https://www.ontarioparks.com/parksblog/reduced-maximum-length-of-stay/#more-42785

M

Last edited by Marko_Mrko (10/19/2022 9:08 am)

10/19/2022 11:12 am  #2

Re: Max 7 night stay in Algonquin front country

There is already a thread started on this. And I disagree that this will solve the problem. There was a way to fix this problem. This wasn’t it. The problem isn’t seniors who book in for 3 weeks using their full reservation. It’s the online booking system which results in bookings going unusued. All this does is prevent seniors from booking in for 3 weeks. I provided a more complete answer in the other thread. Hopefully Barry can merge them.

I also disagree that we need this on Hwy 60 in the backcountry. But you may have an easier time booking this summer. It sounds like the backcountry email will come early December and after if the predictions are true and they increase fees to 45$ a night there may be less bookings for the spring.

Last edited by ChristineCanoes (10/19/2022 11:15 am)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.