You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/18/2022 6:20 pm  #1

Pishnecka/North Tea Loop

Just back off a 3 nighter from Access 1B. Great area of the park that I have never been too. 4 easy carries into Pishnecka. The only signs of life we saw for the first 2.5 days was a single canoe on a site on Craig lake. Otherwise desolate. We were able to negotiate the creek to the 195 rather than the 865. We got wet but it was worth it. Beach site on Pishnecka was beautiful. Nice sandy beach and great sunsets. The trip to N Tea was not bad until the 1005 into Cayuga. That Portage is a BEAR! Toughest carry I've done in a long time. The 1210 out of Cayuga to N Tea was delightful in comparison. We stayed on site 24 on North Tea. A bit tricky at the take out and quite a climb up to the site but it was pretty fantastic once there with awesome views of the lake. The trip out to Kawawaymog was nice. Decent water levels on the Amable Du Fond but some highwinds and rough water on Kmog back to Access 1. Short shuttle for the car at 1B but worth the effort. Fantastic weekend overall and decent weather. We got lucky. Here's a few shots. If you only have a couple days , Pishnecka is worth the trip especially from 1B.

Last edited by Shayne74 (10/07/2022 6:54 am)

9/18/2022 8:47 pm  #2

Re: Pishnecka/North Tea Loop

Great pictures and sounds like a really nice trip. Love the sunset shots.

9/22/2022 10:41 am  #3

Thanks. I think it's a very over looked part of the park. Remote feel without the work.

9/22/2022 11:15 pm  #4

Shayne74 wrote:

Thanks. I think it's a very over looked part of the park. Remote feel without the work.

I agree that this part of the park is often overlooked as I've been able to get sites with short notice at busy times. Thanks for your report on the beach site on Pishnecka. I think in the future I'll try to make it there with the kids, since there is almost nothing more popular with kids than a beach.

9/23/2022 10:08 pm  #5

We were saying that when we were there. It's very shallow for a long ways out and warm. There's  a tonne of clams. Brings water shoes and watch for leeches.  Also bordered  by marsh pretty much on 3 sides. Allot of wildlife opportunities however we only saw tracks.

10/06/2022 5:40 pm  #6

Shayne74 wrote:

Shhhhh 
We spent multiple weekends on craig lake this summer, left gear stashed on the lake and kept going in friday after work until sunday, amazing spot and we had it all to ourselves on a couple long weekends. Was like having a cottage only we slept in our tent.

10/06/2022 10:47 pm  #7

Its a great option for locals.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.