You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/25/2022 7:46 am  #1

Hogan Lake

Hi,

Camping on Hogan next week, part of a 10 day solo trip.  I’ve been through Hogan a couple of times and spent the night on an island site in the past.  I’m debating on doing that or pressing on to Park’s Bay, just was wondering between the two which is better?  I’m entering from La Muir and heading to Philip Lake the next day.
thanks!

9/26/2022 1:42 pm  #2

Re: Hogan Lake

Last time we went through that way, we were set up to stay on Hogan.  Being a short travel day we decided to keep going into Parks bay.  We stayed on the last site before entering Gypsy bay.  I remember enjoying our site for swimming and the little trail that leads to the point.  And the site was quite sheltered if need be, for this time of year.  Not that we felt the sites on Hogan were terrible or anything, just evened out our days and made the next day to Philip a little shorter.

Hope you have a great trip, I loved that entire stretch

9/26/2022 2:38 pm  #3

Thanks for the info!  Greatly appreciated.

9/27/2022 9:37 am  #4

Stapes wrote:

We stayed on the last site before entering Gypsy bay.  I remember enjoying our site for swimming and the little trail that leads to the point.

We stayed on that site at the end of August.  It is indeed a nice site despite the fact that there were a lot of trees down due to some weather event that must of occurred not long before we arrived.  The newer thunderbox very narrowly escaped disaster!

The Madawaska between Hogan and Philip was low for us - we did as much walking as we did paddling between the two.  The river's hard bottom made that chore as pleasant as it can be, though I suspect recent rain has filled things up a bit for you!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.