You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/22/2022 6:02 pm  #1

Crow River Loop(ish)

Over Labour Day I did a four night almost-loop out of Opeongo. I mean, it technically was a loop, we started and ended from the Opeongo access point, but we used the water taxi to get to the Proulx portage the first day and back from the Wright Lake portage the last day (which was awesome).

It was a great trip. I'd never been through Lavielle or Dickson and I really liked them both. Dickson in particular was really satisfying. I've been wanting to go there for years and I'm glad it lived up to my expectations (helps that we had the nicest sunset I've seen in years while were there). We did the Bonfield-Dickson portage coming back, and I actually really enjoyed that one as well. Apart from the distance, it's a pretty nice carry. It helps that we were switching the canoe off as we went. 2.5 KM of carrying with breaks > 5 KM uninterrupted.

Anyways, the report is here if you're looking for some weekend reading:

https://allofalgonquin.com/2022/09/22/crow-river-loopish-proulx-to-dickson-and-everything-in-between/

Drew

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.