You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/12/2022 1:43 pm  #18

Re: Weird experience on Pen Lake this past weekend

Situations like this will only push ONparks to move APP canoe reservations to a site specific booking system. 

It's unfortunate, and a little disturbing, to hear about so many encounters like this lately.  I suspect it will only become more common as the back country continues to become easily accessible to those who choose not to plan ahead or do some basic research/learn basic skills.  

8/12/2022 8:50 pm  #19

Why would they want to change it?  Just leave it as it is and it will be correct in a year or two.

8/13/2022 11:47 am  #20

Wouldn’t a simple solution be to have the reservation document spell out it’s lake specifi not site ?  Just a thought
Edited - Oops just realized my idea was already suggested with different wording - sorry for being redundant

Last edited by Andy W (8/13/2022 11:56 am)

8/13/2022 1:50 pm  #21

Barry you have the right idea about writing the Park but I do not think you are going high enough up the food chain. 
You Might want to write to whoever is the local MP overseeing Ontario Parks (hopefully someone can provide the name and contact info) and ask when are they going to release funds to Ontario Parks allowing them to hire more Conservation Officers to deal with the escalating problems developing in the back country and to design and institute an educational program to help prevent these escalating problems before they arise.
That being said, Bib, unfortunately I agree with you.

8/14/2022 10:30 am  #22

This reminds me of the Campsite Pirates thread. Having to put up with strangers fishing from your occupied campsite that is directly situated a busy take-out/put-in and popular for brook trout fishing is annoying if not slightly disrespectful, but certainly understandable given the circumstances. A 3am visit from some (aggressive) kids lipping off insisting that you're on their campsite is an entirely different movie, and likely one that they'll never forget.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.