You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/26/2022 6:19 am  #1

Fassett Lake Loop

Hi everyone,

I’ve posted a write up on my trip up through Fassett Lake out of Kiosk back in May. I really enjoyed this route, even Fassett Creek was much better than I expected. Here’s the link:

https://allofalgonquin.com/2022/06/26/fassett-lake-loop/

Drew

6/26/2022 8:45 am  #2

Re: Fassett Lake Loop

Thanks for another great read Drew! This one brought back some fun memories as we did this same route in 2017 except that we started and ended at Kawawaymog. It was also my inaugural big trip in a canoe after a nearly 30 year hiatus and it totally rekindled my love for it.
We also explored Shad Lake and agree that it would be pretty much at the bottom of a destination bucket list. I can't remember where I read it (maybe on the old forum?), but there was some kind of story many years back about two trippers on the north site on Shad where one was murdered by a mysterious entity. An urban legend no doubt, probably dreamed up by someone going crazy on that really boring patch of grass...
Cheers,
Rich

6/26/2022 9:56 am  #3

@hiker, thanks! And I could totally believe that about the two trippers. It feels like that site is the perfect setting for a Stephen King story.

6/27/2022 8:08 am  #4

Great report as always!!!
I too love Manitou, same as you do Drew.

I think I'll just end it there

Last edited by oldboyscout (6/27/2022 8:08 am)

6/27/2022 3:10 pm  #5

Great report, we passed through Manitou on our way out from Birchcliffe on our May 24 trip. It was very overcast that day but both Steve and I said we would like to make a return trip to the lake to Explore more. Thanks for the report! We also stayed at the site at the falls between Manitou and North Tea and agree they are very nice and worth the extra bit of portaging!

Recent series on YouTube
https://youtu.be/qiAJQaeWFPw

6/27/2022 9:19 pm  #6

Thanks OBS!
You stayed at the Birchcliffe cabin, right Knox? I've got it booked for a night in early August. Looking forward to getting into that area. 

6/28/2022 6:01 am  #7

Yes we stayed at the cabin for 3 nights. In my opinion the nicest paddle to cabin I have stayed at in the park. Very clean and almost no graffiti. Tough work no matter which way you go in, but well worth it!

Recent series on YouTube
https://youtu.be/qiAJQaeWFPw

7/11/2022 6:23 pm  #8

Awesome trip report! An enjoyable read with your witty writing style. Had a few laughs and your report made me smile. Much appreciated! Thank you for your fantastic website. A great resource containing a wealth of information.

Cheers!

7/12/2022 10:43 am  #9

Nice entrance to Fassett Creek!

7/12/2022 7:06 pm  #10

Dwight wrote:

Awesome trip report! An enjoyable read with your witty writing style. Had a few laughs and your report made me smile. Much appreciated! Thank you for your fantastic website. A great resource containing a wealth of information.

Cheers!

Thanks Dwight! Glad you liked it and glad you’re finding the website useful too.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.