You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/15/2021 10:38 am  #1

Jeff's Maps

Does anyone have an electronic version of Jeff's Algonquin map? The website seems to finally be defunct.

For the record, I have purchased many Jeff's maps over the years and have moved on to Unlostify of course to support our friend Jeff!

I just love looking on the computer, and the FOAP map is terrible for that.

Last edited by John McClane (6/15/2021 10:39 am)

6/15/2021 10:43 am  #2

Re: Jeff's Maps

If you go to http://www.algonquinmap.com/ there is a "Free Download" tab below the map area which should still be good to go.

6/15/2021 11:53 am  #3

I also have it up on my website (link in my signature) that mimics the way Jeff's Map had it online, with scroll to zoom, drag to reposition, etc.

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

6/15/2021 3:06 pm  #4

Thank you both! I had thought that the domain was no longer active at all, but I managed to download.

6/15/2021 7:43 pm  #5

I find the KMZ file with Google Earth is much more useful.

6/16/2021 6:02 am  #6

@Trippythings - I replaced my Jeff's Map bookmark with yours months ago...nice resource to include on your site, so thank you!

6/24/2021 5:44 am  #7

I randomly clicked on a link to Jeff’s maps on my phone this morning and the online map is up and working. Anyone else found this? I only ever accessed it from my desktop so I don’t know if this is a random thing or if IOS for phones is exempt from the end of flash?

6/24/2021 5:54 am  #8

Hey Drew, I just tried on my iPhone and had the same result. Switching back to my laptop, still no dice. I assume the mobile access works universally - good to know! 

6/24/2021 6:35 am  #9

Nothing is exempted really, the end of life means Adobe will stop putting out security updates and patches for Flash so all browsers and operating systems should stop supporting it at some point, but this can be done at different times for different browsers/systems. If it's working for you on a specific browser/device/system right now, it's almost guaranteed to stop working soon enough

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

6/24/2021 6:03 pm  #10

trippythings wrote:

Nothing is exempted really, the end of life means Adobe will stop putting out security updates and patches for Flash so all browsers and operating systems should stop supporting it at some point, but this can be done at different times for different browsers/systems. If it's working for you on a specific browser/device/system right now, it's almost guaranteed to stop working soon enough

Funny enough, it did stop working. Now it's working again for me, as well. Glad to hear it's not only me experiencing this craziness. 

Now if they'd just start printing and shipping maps again... 

Last edited by Zemantics (6/24/2021 6:04 pm)

5/19/2022 8:17 pm  #11

hoping someone is still up, and able to email me the KMZ files for the Jeff's map southern...or all... can't seem to find them and must not have survived the purge on my computer.

thanks in advance

5/20/2022 5:59 am  #12

You can still download from algonquinmap.com (I had to re-download some maps for my GPS just yesterday)

5/20/2022 12:28 pm  #13

algonquinmap.com does not work for me, says it is no longer a website.

5/20/2022 1:02 pm  #14

ATVenture wrote:

algonquinmap.com does not work for me, says it is no longer a website.

That is so bizarre, I was sure you must have been mistaken, but lo and behold I can't access the site today - but literally just downloaded the Garmin map file yesterday.

Timing way key, apparently.

5/20/2022 1:30 pm  #15

wow, so the domain expired. that's the end of an era, much like the demise of wintertrekking.com...

here's my Dropbox directory with a wall map and the KMZ map.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o79gjpvdbwvlvr4/AACxAhz0nOlHwZ1m3pXCYmKba?dl=0

Cheers
M

Last edited by Marko_Mrko (5/20/2022 1:30 pm)

5/20/2022 5:26 pm  #16

https://www.algonquinmap.com

Loads fine for me. 

5/20/2022 5:36 pm  #17

Not for me.  Try clearing your cache.  But maybe you don't want to do that.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.