You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/26/2022 9:59 am  #1

Road into Access #3 (Magnetawan)

Hey all,

I have a front wheel drive sedan, just wondering if the road is relatively passable into access 3 for May 9? Is it typically doable around then? 

4/26/2022 11:01 am  #2

Re: Road into Access #3 (Magnetawan)

I've gone in to Rain in my Jetta many times no problem but never earlier than June . Even in June we've encountered minor wash outs in spots but never impassable. May might be a different story.

4/28/2022 11:18 am  #3

andrewr0520 wrote:

Hey all,

I have a front wheel drive sedan, just wondering if the road is relatively passable into access 3 for May 9? Is it typically doable around then? 

It's another year this year, but I've been through around this time of year before and didn't see any issues with any cars being able to make it in.  However mother nature is unpredictable.

4/28/2022 1:51 pm  #4

Never had issues in May going into Magnetawan, even when I was driving a hatchback kia forte.

however, if you change your plan and decide on the Tim access instead....  it is a little dodgy near the end. It goes through a low section right before the parking lot that has been flooded almost every time through. 

4/28/2022 2:04 pm  #5

Thanks so much! No plans to change, so sounds like I should be ok for the Mag. 

5/02/2022 1:25 pm  #6

I have done 3 in mazda 3 many times, have had to restrap canoe as well. Its bumpy. Take your time, its far from a paved road

I echo above, tim blows out big time when the dam gets jammed, we saw cars stranded, you really need something a size up to consider tim if the weather is anything but calm and sunny

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.