You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/22/2022 5:26 am  #35

Re: Ice Out 2022

LOTR looks ice free this morning
If there is indeed stilla skim out there it will be gone by lunch time

Last edited by ATVenture (4/22/2022 5:26 am)

4/22/2022 1:51 pm  #36

so it seems that the f.o.a.p. would be right for the ice out time line,,, but wait algonquin is not open until may 13th,,   
    what now,, road conditions are a little muddy still., oh no the whole park must be free of ice,, what a joke!!!!

4/22/2022 4:09 pm  #37

swedish pimple wrote:

so it seems that the f.o.a.p. would be right for the ice out time line,,, but wait algonquin is not open until may 13th,,   
    what now,, road conditions are a little muddy still., oh no the whole park must be free of ice,, what a joke!!!!

Just go and take yer chances..(gasp!)

On a serious note, if I wasn't opening the cottage early this year I'd likely take a spin down Brent Rd on Sunday with my fly rod and check out the road conditions.  I'm willing to bet a nickle the road is good and the Park is ice free by Monday

4/23/2022 5:53 am  #38

Talked to a native friend a few days ago. Brent road was not plowed so you can't access past Wendigo yet more than likely, bisset road was plowed right across the park however, he used it to go ice fishing in the catfish and traverse Areas

4/25/2022 4:08 pm  #40

Well I will admit when I am wrong.  Really did not see them opening the same day as ice out.
The cynic in me says this has a LOT to do with the election this year.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.